Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Just got mac and pro tools LE 7.1.3... VERY CONFUSED

ok i have a lot of questions...

i installed pro tools LE 7.1.3 on my macbook pro a couple weeks ago... in the installation CD there are a bunch of folders with plug ins in them... being new to the whole pro tools thing, i installed as many as i could, but every time i opened pro tools i would get like 100 of these annoying authorization messages saying i need an ilok... ok, ill just buy an ilok, so i do and set up the whole ilok account... now i realize that none of those plug ins are free and i have to buy authorization codes to be sent to my ilok account, right? ok thats cool but i dont want these annoying authorization messages to keep coming up... ive tried uninstalling protools completely but when i reinstall it these authorization messages keep coming back!!!!!! HOW DO I GET RID OF THESE ANNOYING PLUG INS...

second...
my pro tools pack came with this "free ignition pack gift" but thats not free either, right?? i mean theyre all just demos.. but i also got this thing about a music production toolkit and i thought, sweet these must be the free plugins that they include with pro tools and on the info sheet about the MP tool kit it said i needed an ilok to authorize (which is the REAL reason why i bought the ilok) so now im really confused... it keeps saying stuff about authorization codes to work the music production tool kit and im thinking, i have none, i search everywhere and all over the internet about how to use and install the music production tool kit and i get no where... now im thinking, im just an idiot and thought it was all free so i bought an ilok for nothing and spent all this time trying to install a program i still need to buy (even though the installer for the MP tool kit is right on the pro tools CD)

i dont get it... i dont understand all this authorization stuff
im so pissed off if ive wasted all my time on trying to authorize something i still need to buy

am i just an idiot? someone please enlighten me