How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2018, 08:47 AM

Default PT 10.2 no plugins workin

Hi there,
this is my first ever post here and yep, I searched this and other forums to help me out previously.
I didnīt have the chance to produce music for quite a long time due health problems, but now Iīm fine again and reinstalled my good old friend Pro Tools, everything went smooth and easy until I tried to install some plugins. None of them is workin, except the stock ones !!
The message I get you can see in the screenshot I made.

My system:
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
i5-4570 cpu @3.20GHz
8GB Ram

Pro Tools 10.2

The plugins versions I can see as named:
bx_cleansweep_v2_win_x64_2_8
bx_rockrack_v3_player_win_x64_3_1
Guitar_Rig_5_520_PC
Saturation_Knob_(64-bit)-2.4.50

Of course I tried reinstalling them, but no success.
Might be a noob problem, but itīs really testing my frustration level

Really hoping for some help here .. oh btw GuitarRig as standalone is workin fine !!

Edit: in the meantime I tried out several random free rtas and aax 32bit plugins .. always the same result "move unauthorized plugins..." screen

Best regards,

Philipp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot Plugins.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by PipSzeget; 04-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:48 PM

Default Re: PT 10.2 no plugins workin

You are talking about 2 separate issues here, right? The screen shot shows an authorization problem, so how do those plugins get authorized? If its with iLok, have you actually moved the licenses onto your iLok? On the other plugins that won't work, did you install the RTAS version, the AAX32 version or some other version(AAX64 won't work with PT10 and VST won't work without a "wrapper" like Blue Cat's Patchwork). I assume all plugins are legit

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-26-2018, 02:12 PM

Hey, Iīm really a noob when it comes to plugins, authorization ...
All those plugins I installed, reinstalled, moved .... are free!
Guitar Rig for example came w a serial key, which I entered and it shows me acitvated on the NI site.
The ones Iīm really lookin for are the brainworx plugins, which should be activated licensed at first startup of PT after installation ... if we lived in a perfect world.
How do I get the license for free plugins?
Sorry, my english is not the best plus my frustration level is already clipping because of this plugin issues

Best,
Philipp
Old 04-26-2018, 02:19 PM

All plugins are free and I tried various free ones this day.
Rtas and aax32 mainly ... none of them are workin!
Seems like I donīt have any licenses?!? How do I get the needed licenses? For example Guitar Rig came with an activation key, which I entered and it shows activated on the NI site. The brainworx plugins, which I loaded via PluginAlliance Manager should provide an authorization-menu at first startup of PT after installation, but I just get the shown annoying screen.
Sorry, my english is not the best plus my frustration level is clipping
Best,
Philipp
Old 04-26-2018, 04:22 PM

bx_cleansweep_v2_win_x64_2_8
bx_rockrack_v3_player_win_x64_3_1
Guitar_Rig_5_520_PC
Saturation_Knob_(64-bit)-2.4.50

I may be wrong, but the stuff in bold above leads me to believe you installed the incorrect versions as PT10 is still a 32 bit app and runs 32 bit plugins. Its also possible that you installed all versions, but since the 64 bit versions won't work, the message means those listed should be moved to the Plugins(unused) folder You are correct that Plugin Alliance stuff SHOULD call up a window to authorize them online(personally, I find their method annoying, for several reasons). Then again, if those are free plugins, they may not require any authorization step(all my PA plugins are purchased) In any case, I would open a support ticket with PA and see if they have a solution

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-26-2018, 04:48 PM

Thanks for your help,
Iīm in contact with a support guy from PA, but all his suggestions didnīt help. My current guess is, that I just have a "simple" license problem. When I open up my iLok manager it shows me just 3 activations !! 1 of course for PT itself and 2 for the saturation knob (which is still not workin, because I assume itīs a 64bit license).
The serial NI provided for Guitar Rig is too short to fill in the "redeem an activation code" box !? Iīm confused ... how do I get the licenses for free plugins on my iLok? Probably thereīs a thread somewhere? Couldnīt find, sorry.
Oh, and that my Windows 7 is a 64bit version is a problem as well? Please say īnoī

Yep, you were right, I installed the wrong versions at first, but then trashed them and installed the 32bit versions ... as well as completely new rtas plugins and other 32bit ones ... nothing works ...
Old 04-27-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipSzeget View Post
Thanks for your help,
Iīm in contact with a support guy from PA, but all his suggestions didnīt help. My current guess is, that I just have a "simple" license problem. When I open up my iLok manager it shows me just 3 activations !! 1 of course for PT itself and 2 for the saturation knob (which is still not workin, because I assume itīs a 64bit license).
The serial NI provided for Guitar Rig is too short to fill in the "redeem an activation code" box !? Iīm confused ... how do I get the licenses for free plugins on my iLok? Probably thereīs a thread somewhere? Couldnīt find, sorry.
Oh, and that my Windows 7 is a 64bit version is a problem as well? Please say īnoī

Yep, you were right, I installed the wrong versions at first, but then trashed them and installed the 32bit versions ... as well as completely new rtas plugins and other 32bit ones ... nothing works ...
Guitar Rig doesn't use iLok - you need to go through NI's Service Center; not sure if Native Access works on 32 bit systems. Be careful with NI updates as they dropped RTAS on later revisions.

Plugin Alliance doesn't use iLok either. If you want RTAS versions you need to contact PIA support as they dropped RTAS a few years back.

QAPLA!
Old 04-27-2018, 07:44 AM

Update:

Guitar Rig 5 is workin whoop whoop
it installed by default just everything possible .. 32 AND 64 bit AAX plus RTAS ..
after kicking the 64bit version it just works fine ...
seems like I used it before, because it was already activated in the service center.
Next mission: brainworx and Co.