Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 03-22-2017, 03:29 PM

Default Digi 002 audio output issues

Just come across an issue with the audio output channels on my set up .
It's not only that it is lower in volume but the seems to be no bass frequency or very little in comparison to the other channel. I thought i just blew out my right bass bin on my speaker ,but then i put the same audio feed through another amp and speaker and it was the same. I tried adjusting the volume by mooning the signal on two channel and raising the right side by a few db's ,but it never changed, and still comes through lower on my digital recorder. Even when i solo just the mono KICK, the signal is lower in the right channel. I will be away for my set up for tomorrow for a few months so i am hoping for some help before then ,if not any help would be appreciated .

thanks.

OK i did a bit more sifting around and found out that the bottom output channel is not functioning properly channel in question is the (main R+2) no bass frequency coming for that. That is the problem here any ideas how to fix?

Last edited by specnur; 03-22-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Digi 002 audio output issues

A couple of things to consider:
1-do you have balanced cables from the 002 to the speakers? If a balanced line loses either of the signal wires(tip or ring), it will sound 6db softer and have no bass

2-the 002 has 2 sets of outputs. One is controlled by the output volume knob on the front. The other set runs wide open(but is fine to use thru a monitor controller like the Presonus Central Station, Mackie Big Knob, etc)

3-if the 002 is truly broken(and it may be), then I would replace it. A used and working 002 is likely cheaper to buy than getting a repair. If you are on PT9 or higher, then you can move to any of dozens of interfaces, most of which will sound better than the 002

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-23-2017, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Digi 002 audio output issues

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I was wondering how much a new console would cost and i think buying something that i amused to rather than yarning something new at this time is probably the best move for me. Before that i will definitely check the wiring but i am sure i used a couple of different sets of wiring through the channel to with no change in issue . Pity i won't be able to do anything for the next few months as i leave for Europe ,but i will jump on this when i get back. Thanks again.