Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2017, 07:34 AM

Default No input level sound when creating a second new track in a PT10 session

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and glad to have found this resource. I'm running an iMac intel core i7, 10.8.5 OSX with both Pro tools 10LE and 11LE with an mbox2 USB interface. I've been using pro tools for years since I started with pro tools 7LE. I've now been using pro tools 11LE for almost everything, but I'm forced to use 10LE for a new project as some of the plug ins I have won't work in 11. So I'm having this issue which I can't figure out. If I'm in a new session in pro tools 10 and I create a new audio track it works just fine. But when I go to create a second new audio track I don't get any signal what so ever. The track is armed but no input, no sound, nothing on the input meter. I have sound in my headphones or monitors, but not on the track. Only way I can get a new second track to work is I have to duplicate the original first track I created. Then the new track has audio and sound coming in. Am I missing something simple here? I checked all the inputs and outputs on the setup and everything is good. I even opened it in 11 and new tracks work fine (minus the older plugins of course), but audio signal is present on the new tracks. So my problem is only when using 10. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, JayG