Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 02-19-2017, 06:00 PM

Default MBOX 3 Input Issues (no audio signal - low level hiss)

Hey All,

18 Months or so ago, I purchased an Mbox3 from Guitar Centre (Union Square - NYC).

It worked for a small period of time (3 weeks) - now whenever I assign an input in my DAW I get 0 signal from the microphone ... rather a dull low level line noise.

At the time, I thought this was due to my software/laptop - running asio4all and using ableton.

However, I recently purchased an Imac i5 8gb, running USB on El capitan - and still no input.

Can someone offer as to why this is? Is it to do with software? or are my inputs shot?

I am pretty disappointed - I mean I bought the MBOX because at the time I felt it was a better purchase than a focusrite and didnt mind paying extra with that in mind....However, as someone who lives for his home studio set up and is fairly limited financially, I am seriously disappointed.

Please let me know if there is anything I can try to get this MBOX3 working.

Cheers to all,

Scott.