Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2017, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.0 and MB-7 Mixer 3.0

Fantastic - go Cat go!

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/pre...k-v2-whats-up/

When? How Much? Upgrade?
Both plug-ins are expected to be released by the end of the month. Their price should remain unchanged.
For existing customers, the upgrade path is the following:
– Customers who purchased or registered the plug-in in the past 6 months before the new version will get it for free.
– Other customers can upgrade to the new version for a small fee (PatchWork: 15 EUR or $19 – MB-7 Mixer: 19 EUR or $25 – VAT excluded).
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 02-08-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Fantastic - go Cat go!
thx unkje
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 02-08-2017, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Fantastic - go Cat go!

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/pre...k-v2-whats-up/

When? How Much? Upgrade?
Both plug-ins are expected to be released by the end of the month. Their price should remain unchanged.
For existing customers, the upgrade path is the following:
– Customers who purchased or registered the plug-in in the past 6 months before the new version will get it for free.
– Other customers can upgrade to the new version for a small fee (PatchWork: 15 EUR or $19 – MB-7 Mixer: 19 EUR or $25 – VAT excluded).
I'm liking what I see and am in when it becomes available. The upgrade price is more than reasonable.

The MB7 gui is interesting - a mix of the existing gui with some new touches. Patchwork looks like an almost totally new gui but still usable. Considering how much I don't like the Destructor gui these are a pleasant surprise.

Question: are there preorders or not?

QAPLA!
Old 02-09-2017, 02:09 AM
Blue Cat Audio

@musicman691: it is odd that you prefer the old-style GUI compared to Destructor, as most people are really happier with the new look and feel.

We do not take preorders, but don't worry: I don't think we'll get out of stock!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
@musicman691: it is odd that you prefer the old-style GUI compared to Destructor, as most people are really happier with the new look and feel.

We do not take preorders, but don't worry: I don't think we'll get out of stock!
Call me a creature of habit; the old gui is something that my eyes like.

Understood about the preorders; will previous owners get an email when the plugins are released? I know BC is usually good with that and that's appreciated.

QAPLA!
Old 02-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Yes, if you agreed to receive emails from us you should get a notification when it is available!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:45 PM

Just asking this out of curiosity (you know that killed the cat)...but is Blue Cat planning to make any of their plugins available as modules for Reason? I sometimes wish I could host Patchwork inside Reason to play one of my VST VI's so I could then apply some of the nice Reason creative fx to them. Just wondered if that's ever been considered?

Old 02-11-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Just asking this out of curiosity (you know that killed the cat)...but is Blue Cat planning to make any of their plugins available as modules for Reason? I sometimes wish I could host Patchwork inside Reason to play one of my VST VI's so I could then apply some of the nice Reason creative fx to them. Just wondered if that's ever been considered?
That would be interesting but I don't think it'll happen for the same reason Avid killed off SugarBytes's wrapper for RTAS to aax conversion. Stability. Sure the PropHeads have third party developers doing plugins for Reason and that means they have to work within the s/w framework of Reason. Patchwork or MB7 while working within that framework is one thing that the PropHeads have control over but they have no control over what is hosted inside either of BC's s/w.

What is really needed is for some way to bring in external audio to Reason like we can do with MIDI and Rewire.

QAPLA!
Old 02-12-2017, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post

What is really needed is for some way to bring in external audio to Reason like we can do with MIDI and Rewire.
I keep asking - why can't Rewire be a two way street? But I've been given a good answer...just lots of guesses.

But you can import audio to Reason, as you know. What I do is export an audio track from PT, import to Reason (while instantiated on a PT instrument track), then apply whatever Reason FX I want, and use the Rewire out back to a PT Aux or Audio track. There's no other way right now. But if Rewire was a 2 way street and you could route the audio output directly to a Rewire channel, add fx, and send right back...THAT would be amazing!

Old 02-12-2017, 05:16 PM

Default Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.0 and MB-7 Mixer 3.0

Rewire technically is a 2 way street. The problem is, most hosts will only work as a master not a slave.

Ableton Live works both ways - host or slave. So you can slave Reason to Live but Live can also be slaved to Pro Tools.

Pro Tools only works as a master and Reason will only work as a slave.

Considering Propellerheads created Rewire, it's bizzarre that they chose to only allow Reason to work as a slave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk