Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-24-2011, 10:49 PM

Default Trouble installing Pro tools 8 le on mac

Hi there, this is my first forum post so bear with me please.

About 5 or 6 months ago I purchased pro tools 8 le in a guitar center bundle. I was able to install pro tools on my old windows 7 sony vaio laptop and made some pretty great recordings! Just recently though, I purchased a macbook pro for college and need to transfer my pro tools onto it. I tried uninstalling everything from the sony, but I'm not sure it uninstalled correctly because all of the files still seemed to be there even after the restart... (not sure if this could be causing the problem). When I inserted the Disc into the sony in an attempt to uninstall using the "uninstall" option on the disc, nothing came up but a window that did not show any icons, so I just left it.

Anyways, I then transferred all of my project files to my mac using an external hard drive but not the software or driver files.

Then I inserted the installer CD (same one I mentioned before) that came with my pro tools (which clearly states on the front Windows/Mac OS X. I clicked the "install pro tools" icon, and proceeded with the install process. When it got to the install screen, it began to install but then immediately came up with a message saying something like "pro tools could not install because there was no software found to install"

As you can probably imagine I was like "LAKJDHSFLKAJDFHGLKAJDHFGAKLDJFGH!!!?!?!?!?" when I saw this.

Does anyone know what the problem may be or have a solution? Could the disk just be bad?

Thanks,
-Nathaniel
Old 07-25-2011, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Trouble installing Pro tools 8 le on mac

I've discovered that my installer disc is scratched and my mac cannot read all of the files. On my avid account I tried to access a download or something (As was suggested to me) but even though I registered my software, I cannot find anything but third party content in my "my products" section. It seems I've found the problem, but can anyone give me a solution!?! I'm slowly becoming desperate.