Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 PM

Default Dante issues with PT 10

I am using Dante to transport 32 channels from my A&H ilive rig to PT10.

I am having issues with the audio degrading until there is no output. I can get audio going again by flipping the Aggregate word clock to internal but after a time it will do the same thing, flipping back to Dante as the word clock will fix the issue for a time.

There is no set time frame for this to happen, sometimes it will happen during rehearsal and work through the service and other times I have to go back and forth throughout the day and this means distorted or no audio while steaming.

Does anyone have a suggestion or experience with getting Dante's word clock recognized by PT, or another work around to fix this issue?

Thanks for your Time and Help!

Peace,
Anthony
Old 09-13-2012, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Dante issues with PT 10

I would like to know if there's other people that have try to use Pro Tools 10 and Dante Virtual Soundcard ?
i'm looking for feedback on Dante and PT10...
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 AM

Lightbulb Dante w/PT 10 & Clock Issues...

Hey folks,
I'm new to the forum and to this industry, however I'll share what I've experienced so far.

1) Clock issues: I've only been able to use the Dante card as the "word clock" Master in my current configuration. The internal clocks on the LS9 won't sync i.e., and cause all kinds of dysfunction with the Dante controller. I don't have an external device to serve as a clock so I've only been able to test the two internal clocks on the LS9 and the clock on the Dante MY16-AUD.

2) I am using Pro Tools 10 (my first dive into a DAW) and at first it was all crazy. Once things were communicating I thought I was on my way then I noticed that even though the devices were communicating, they were speaking different languages. For instance; channel 22 on the LS9 would register as channels 1-6 in Pro Tools...mind you that I have one MY16-AUD in “slot 1” which is channels 1-16 on the LS9. Not only did I have multiple channel registration, but registration on channels from a channel that had no I/O card installed i.e., “slot 2” (channels 17-32).

However, after many hours in manuals I've found that by routing each channel on the LS9 "directly" to a “slot 1” channel assignment all my devices suddenly are speaking the same language. Granted I have yet to recorded anything, but all the channels are synchronized,” word clock” synchronized and meters are posting when and where they are supposed to.

On the LS9 each channel has a "Direct" routing function which essentially sends a separate signal to a “direct” (not necessarily external) output of your choosing which in turn does not affect the normal signal path for other output routes.

Please give me any feedback or share things you've come across; hopefully we'll all get better and more proficient at our craft.

In His Service,
Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Dante issues with PT 10

I was able to fix my issue by changing Pro Tools from using an aggregate to only using the Dante DVS as an audio interface in the Hardware Setup. This meant that I had to route audio back out of pro tools through DVS to my IDR and then run a hard line to my audio distribution system in my tracking room.