Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-16-2018, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Missing my Massey plugin

Yes you can do all those. The installed aax plugins is the plugin cache file.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 02-19-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Yes you can do all those. The installed aax plugins is the plugin cache file.
I've been away and haven't had the opportunity to try this.

Just got clarification, I only need to delete the "InstalledAAXPlugins" file in the Pro Tools directory, ya? What kind of plugin information is saved this this cache file? Will I be losing anything important when deleting this file? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
I've been away and haven't had the opportunity to try this.

Just got clarification, I only need to delete the "InstalledAAXPlugins" file in the Pro Tools directory, ya? What kind of plugin information is saved this this cache file? Will I be losing anything important when deleting this file? Thanks.

Pro Tools caches info about each plugin such as mono/stereo/surround capability, realtime and/or audiosuite capability, sample rate support, etc.

If the cache file is missing, Pro Tools just makes a new one. You'll notice that Pro Tools takes longer to load when it's rebuilding the plugin cache file.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Old 02-20-2018, 08:33 AM

Well, I deleted the AAX cache file, restarted my computer, rebooted Pro Tools (which did take a while to load), but nothing's changed. L2007 is still the only Massey Plugin showing up in the drop down list.

I have my plugins listed by type and then by manufacturer. Massey only shows up in the stereo plugin menu, it's not even there when listing Mono plugs. And yes, I've also checked each individual effect type (eq, comp, delay, etc.), as well as checking out the plugin drop down menu with both a Mono and Stereo track.

Any other idea, or do I have to go to Massey with this one?

thanks.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:46 AM

Which Massey plugins do you have license for? Are you trying to run others in demo mode?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 02-21-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Which Massey plugins do you have license for? Are you trying to run others in demo mode?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't have any licenses.. just trying to get the demos to work; the plugins before making any purchase.

It was my understanding that the Massey demos had no trial period, just a few less features then their pay counterparts; I attached a screenshot of what my Plugins Wizard looks like.

I also did an uninstall/reinstall of the Wizard with no results. I'm having an equally hard time wrapping my around how the L2700 is the only plug to appear in the list. I'm positive I never bought it.