How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-30-2016, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix: Pan knob not functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
My control's knobs have degenerated to the point of being completely useless. Turning them at any speed except "extremely slow" makes them stutter and even register in the opposite direction. Extremely bad QC decision in sourcing this particular part.

I wish there were a way to replace them.
Hi,

you can replace them (well with the type ones but functioning obviously). My colleague had the same issue. Turn to the right and pan goes left and vice versa. It's usually wear and dirt. He sent the Mix to repair and got all replaced for around 200€.

One of my faders on a Mix recently showed the same effect. Pull fader down. Level in PT goes up. Sent it in for repair. They said it's a common problem after a few years resulting from dust. The faders can not be cleaned so they recommended exchanging all 8 to save cost when the next one is due. It was around 250€ incl. shipping (done at PMS/Germany, the local official AVID repair shop) for all 8 faders (one broken one, 7 exchanged to avoid sudden death of the next one). Not too bad a price for 8 faders. But since only one was broken it felt a bit steep. But they said the others would start acting up at some point too and in the long run it would be cheaper to do all now.

But what the OP writes doesn't sound like a hardware issue. When the diagnosis mode shows correct parameters it can't be the hardware, IMO.

My problems were clearly reflected in the hardware diagnosis mode.

Hope this helps.

Frank.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:54 PM

I seemed to have missed this thread and created a new one for the same encoder rotate issue in Logic Pro. Has this been captured as a bug? I am having the issue with the left most encoder as described by the OP. My hardware tested OK.

Is this something being addressed in a new Eucon update? @kyle. Be great to get that fixed. Otherwise the rest of the unit seems to be working nicely.

Thanks
John
Old 04-24-2017, 08:18 PM

I'm having the same issue with my Artist Mix encoder 6 and 7 in Cubase 9... the encoder doesn't work for pan (L&R) but DOES work for other functions, WTF!?

The following DOES NOT WORK
- PAN: operation (turning knob left and right).
- PAN: touching pot lightly to reveal param value

The following DOES WORK
- all conceders pass hardware test
- pushing the knob resets pan to center
- when encoders are flipped (operation volume) they WORK FINE

The encoder is clearly communicating to the software and controlling certain params, just not PAN for whatever reason.

Last edited by TuckerMix; 04-25-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:55 AM

I don't know if this ever got solved, but my topknob 1 on each unit is very jittery when turning left or right, the hardware test is fine, it seems like a software problem, as more people clearly have this on encoder 1 and I have it on encoder 1 on both units.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:36 AM

even more so, it seems to work less jittery turning it half tempo, it also needs 4 turns to go from 0-128 where knob 2-8 on both units need 2 turns
turning to fast makes the knob jump back in values, again something that knob 2-8 on both units don't do.

To me it feels more like a software resolution / flooding / jitter issue on knob 1 as it is consistent, has always been the same since unboxing and happens on both units. and there are more people calling this knob one issue out.

It would be great if someone at Avid could validate this under Windows 10 x64. It still happens with EUcontrol 3.7 under Cubase 9.0.3
it would be great if this could be fixed in the next update. Never used the top knobs that much, but now diving deeper into the unit it becomes an annoyance.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:01 AM

FWIW, my old MC MIX is working perfectly.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:19 AM

Hi Bob, do you have the avid or euphonix version? For me, on both units knob 1 is jittery
Did you try to splash plugin parameters via the insert knob? My units are from 2014.
They might still be within my 3 year warranty, but don’t want to bring them in for a software/firmware issue
Old 10-24-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphie View Post
Hi Bob, do you have the avid or euphonix version?
Euphonix from around the time Avid acquired them.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:34 AM

Did you try it in Cubase? I don’t have access to protools, might very well be that it works fine there.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:36 AM

I haven't done MIDI since Studio Vision daze. It put too many of my friends out of work. It works fine in Samplitude.