Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 PM

Default Corrupt PT8 LE Zip File

Hi all.

I've done a search and found a couple of threads on this topic from when PT8 first came out but there didn't seem to be any real solution to this problem listed back then. I've downloaded Pro Tools 8 LE twice now and have had problems with both downloads. The first download I downloaded with Flashget and the data2.cab file was corrupt when trying to extract it, the second download I used the Digidesign Download Manager, data2.cab is fine but now Xpand2.big is corrupt. If it makes any difference to advice I'm running XP Pro 32 bit.

Please help!

Cheers,
Karl
Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Corrupt PT8 LE Zip File

The first time I tried to download PT8, i bypassed Digi's download manager, and downloaded it straight to my desktop like any other file. That one was corrupt. Something was missing, not sure, but nothing would open without an error.

Second attempt I used Digi's Download Manager option and everything was fine.

Maybe you just need to give it a couple more tries. Not sure why my first one was corrupt, but maybe it was just bad luck.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:51 AM

I had the same prob and i downloaded the latest version of winrar and all was well after that
Old 01-09-2009, 12:41 PM

Thanks for your replies. I can't really afford to download the whole 3.25gb again as I'll hit my download limit for the month if i do, and i'm only a week into my net for the month (that data usage is almost ALL from pro tools 8 as well ), it also doesn't help that I can only get regular ADSL which downloads at 150kb/s max. I'd be happy to download just teh xpand2.big file, I've emailed digi about that, but I don't really want to waste all my months access and get dialup speed for 3 weeks especially when my 3rd download could be corrupt too.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerjex View Post
Thanks for your replies. I can't really afford to download the whole 3.25gb again as I'll hit my download limit for the month if i do, and i'm only a week into my net for the month (that data usage is almost ALL from pro tools 8 as well ), it also doesn't help that I can only get regular ADSL which downloads at 150kb/s max. I'd be happy to download just teh xpand2.big file, I've emailed digi about that, but I don't really want to waste all my months access and get dialup speed for 3 weeks especially when my 3rd download could be corrupt too.
You're not alone...I'm on my 4th download right now !!

Have tried WinZip, WinRar, Windows extractor......

Looks like the DVD might become available before I can get upgraded
Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77pro View Post
You're not alone...I'm on my 4th download right now !!

Have tried WinZip, WinRar, Windows extractor......

Looks like the DVD might become available before I can get upgraded
Have you tried 7zip? thats my goto when the Windows Extracter fails. It worked on the Loops files. Its free just google it,.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM

Re: Creative Collection not installed
4th time lucky...just downloaded again....and was able to extract successfully....I think.

Is there 5 subfolders: Boom, Mini Grand, Structure Free, Structure QuickStart and Xpand2 ??

Haven't installed yet....one victory at a time.

Thanks for the tip Sunburst...but I think I might be on my way, as per my post in another thread
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 AM

I have the exact issue. The first time that I tried to unpack the zip file it took several tries and there was no warning that there was a corrupt file, it simply unpacked and I ran the installer which seemed to work but when I started up Pro Tools it clearly had some serious issues, nothing was working so I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result so then I simply uninstalled the 8.0.3 update and went back to 8.0.1 since I have work to finish. A couple of days ago I downloaded the update again and once again I couldn't unpack the file so I downloaded WinRAR and that's when I got the notice that there was a corrupt data2.cab file. So here I am trying to find a solution. A little help from Digidesign would be great.
Windows XP Pro
Q9550
4GB RAM
Very fast internet connection.
Thanks