Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 02:51 PM

Default Command 8 With Pro Tools 7.0 Problem

I JUST posted this in TDM MAC OS section, but now I saw this section., so I though it should instead go here, so sorry for the double post.

After upgrading from Pro Tools 6.9.2 to Pro Tools 7.0, I thought my Command 8 stopped working. It was coming online when I opened Pro tools, but nothing else would happen. It would go offline when closing Pro tools. So I just now updated the firmware to 02.01.02 and now it's not even coming online when I open Pro Tools.

Then I realized I must assign the Command 8 in Peripherals, MIDI Controllers tab. Once I did that and did a shutdown and boot sequence, the Command 8 now stays offline no matter if Pro Tools is running or not. When I open Pro Tools, the MIDI Out 1 led blinks. When I close Pro Tools, the MIDI Out 1 led stops blinking.

Do you think going back to firmware 02.00.00 or earlier will fix the problem? Where can I download earlier versions.

Or is there a better solution?

I'm really needing to get this solved by the weekend.

Thank you for your time.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Command 8 With Pro Tools 7.0 Problem

I'd just follow the general troubleshooting thread, trash preferences, run disk utility, re-install PT's. Leave your C8 off until your ready to put online through periferals (this is just a hunch, the last point, not from Digi). You should have it sorted before long. I'd stick with the latest firmware... perhaps re-install that also. Make sure you have the settings correct in Peripherals (MIDI ports... follow you getting started guide). I'm running C8 with PT's 7 without any probs at all.