Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Multi Monitor set up

So here is what I would like to do with my procontrol:

I would like to use all of the outputs from the procontrol without using the slate feature since this doesn't allow one to use the multi monitor feature.

example... I have three sets of monitors, and a headphone distribution system. Currently, the main switch is controlling Genelec 1031a's, the NS-10 are set up on the alt 3-4 and the production monitors are set up on the ALT 5-6. There is a free pair of outputs. I have found the only way to use these is to set up the procontrol in the slate function. Is there another way to have these outputs be active so that I can use the multi monitor feature? This output doesn't need to be controlled since the headphone amp has an input knob so it can be direct.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Multi Monitor set up

could you not just set up a headphone feed on outputs 7/8 or use a bus channel set for the headphone mix? You don't really need desktop control of that feed as you say there is a control knob on the phones amp.