Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2017, 08:44 AM

Default Re: now waves won't load at all.

ok so I got Trasher, recycled waves database and basically did everything suggested and PT still acts as though Waves are not even there.
I really don't know what to do at this point.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:16 AM

so what now?
I uninstalled all Waves, ran Trasher to remove all of the remaining waves files and whatnot. Reinstalled waves, and PT still does not open them. None of this magical prompts to get them to open.
I' m losing it.

Should I uninstall PT, waves and everything and start all the way over again?

This really sucks. I have several hundred bucks invested in these plugins. I use them all the time. My machine and a decade of sessions are totally unusable now. I don;t know what to do.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:57 AM

Why don't you contact Waves support?
Old 07-29-2017, 10:09 AM

I did. He told me to put my licenses on a USB stick. That's not my problem.
Pro tools is not seeing the waves plugins at all. Nothing. Like they are not even there. I'm thinking about reinstalling pro tools at this point. Just out of desperation.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:34 AM

Default now waves won't load at all.

Seriously I would go back to Waves support and get them to help you. It's their product and their job to support it.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:57 AM

Right. See post #2.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveleye View Post
I did. He told me to put my licenses on a USB stick. That's not my problem.
Pro tools is not seeing the waves plugins at all. Nothing. Like they are not even there. I'm thinking about reinstalling pro tools at this point. Just out of desperation.
Are you sure you have the RTAS versions of your plugins where they should be?

QAPLA!
Old 07-29-2017, 12:08 PM

solved.
Don't know how it happened, but in all the confusion, I somehow got waveshell 9.91 when I was sure I was installing 9.6.
This caused all my plugins to upgrade to newer versions not compatible with 10.
Convoluted process of reverting my plugins by using the offline installer, but it worked.

I wound up putting another ticket in with Waves support and the help that he gave me made more sense this time, addressing what the problem was and got me right to the solution.

This whole ordeal started with a (probably simple) licensing issue, and the more I worked at it the more confusing it got, until I made the fatal error of installing everything with a newer installer by accident. User error, of course and I take most of the blame. On the other hand, the instructions from Waves and all that were not very clear, at least to me and a lot of times it say to do something, and when you get to it, you're not quite sure if that is exactly what they're telling you to do. I'm not sure how that could be addressed to accommodate a guy like me who is only marginal in terms of computer literacy. Maybe I need pictures and a robot hand to guide my mouse where and what to click. lol.

Anyway, you guys are the greatest for sticking with me. It's good to see some familiar "faces" still around to help out. If I could buy a round for you all I would right now:)

Crank it up, it's time to make some music.

Old 07-29-2017, 12:55 PM

Thanks for posting back the solution. It is always great when folks do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveleye View Post
solved.
Don't know how it happened, but in all the confusion, I somehow got waveshell 9.91 when I was sure I was installing 9.6.
This caused all my plugins to upgrade to newer versions not compatible with 10.
Convoluted process of reverting my plugins by using the offline installer, but it worked.

I wound up putting another ticket in with Waves support and the help that he gave me made more sense this time, addressing what the problem was and got me right to the solution.

This whole ordeal started with a (probably simple) licensing issue, and the more I worked at it the more confusing it got, until I made the fatal error of installing everything with a newer installer by accident. User error, of course and I take most of the blame. On the other hand, the instructions from Waves and all that were not very clear, at least to me and a lot of times it say to do something, and when you get to it, you're not quite sure if that is exactly what they're telling you to do. I'm not sure how that could be addressed to accommodate a guy like me who is only marginal in terms of computer literacy. Maybe I need pictures and a robot hand to guide my mouse where and what to click. lol.

Anyway, you guys are the greatest for sticking with me. It's good to see some familiar "faces" still around to help out. If I could buy a round for you all I would right now:)

Crank it up, it's time to make some music.
Glad you got it sorted. I'm in the same kind of boat with regards 9.91 versus 9.6 - I'd need to up my OSX version to OSX 10.10.5 to use the new WavesHell. Problem with the offline installer is Waves won't be updating it as far as I know so no new plugins can be added without going up in WavesHell. Means the new cool stuff like F6 and onwards aren't available to us dinosaurs.

QAPLA!