How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2012, 12:10 PM

Default PT 9 w/ Profire Lightbridge Latency Issues

Hi,
Running PT 9 MP, on Windows 7 Ultimate, With a Presonus Profire Lightbrige. Having a 4ms delay between headphones, and input monitoring. Sounds like a chorus effect almost, but when you play it back, the recording sounds fine. Worked OK on PT7.4, recently upgraded, and now I have the delay.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:31 PM

Default Re: PT 9 w/ Profire Lightbridge Latency Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richarddome View Post
Hi,
Running PT 9 MP, on Windows 7 Ultimate, With a Presonus Profire Lightbrige. Having a 4ms delay between headphones, and input monitoring. Sounds like a chorus effect almost, but when you play it back, the recording sounds fine. Worked OK on PT7.4, recently upgraded, and now I have the delay.

Thanks.
I assume you mean the M-Audio Lightbridge (since you're using MP). What is your buffer setting at?

There's always going to be a tiny delay, but if you have your buffer set to 64 or less it should be negligent.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 PM

We know what latency is, its not that, when you talk into the mic, it sounds like there is a chorus on in the headphones, almost like there is a feedback between the input and output when monitoring.
Another clue is that when you turn on the cowbell click track, it sounds like wok wok, like theres a phase cancellation going on.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richarddome View Post
We know what latency is, its not that, when you talk into the mic, it sounds like there is a chorus on in the headphones, almost like there is a feedback between the input and output when monitoring.
Another clue is that when you turn on the cowbell click track, it sounds like wok wok, like theres a phase cancellation going on.
Oh, it's probably because you are also hearing the input before Pro Tools. Remember the ProFire line all has separate DSP monitoring section outside of Pro Tools. You may either have to mute the channels in there, or just mute the channel in Pro Tools while recording.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-08-2012, 01:00 PM

im not sure how the lightbridge has a seperate DSP monitoring section. the control panel dosent show any mixer like the firewire 410. If i mute the channel in protools there is no way to hear anything. recording in cubase does not have this effect.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 PM

your software mixer needs to be set for 'software return 1-2' not 'mixer out' its in the routing section