Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2019, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Favorite Aqua Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by the19thbear View Post
I really really like diamond eq and el Rey.
The diamond eq can do things I have never heard before. It’s not always what I need, but it’s hi freq band, coupled with the transformers can really do magic stuff very often.
The trans will steal some low bottom end though, so it’s not for every situation.

El Rey can be amazing on vocals and 2 bus. Again, not always. It can steal a bit of hi freq focus, and soften things up. That’s both good and bad, depending on the situation.
There are many of their plugins that are kind of “meh” to me. Especially compared to other plugins, but I really love these 2. As in REALLY.
I think that very often in the digital domain, high freq content can end up sound flat when boosted. The diamond eq, to me, does this really really well. Generally AA plugins do this well, I think.
I am by no means a AA snob, and almost never ever buy plugins. Only when I am very impressed.
I own plugins from fabfilter, Valhalla dsp and others.
I used to use UAD stuff as well, and AA certainly has just as much color. And you lose the dsp dongle (dsp card/satellite).
I miss some uad plugins (the api channel strips and 610 strips)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've passed on trying the diamond stuff cuz it mentions how it was made for electronic music and I'm all rock n blues. Unless that's what you're using it for.. electronic stuff. Either way, I'll have to check it out.

Everythind that I've read about El Rey has been great, but something came up during my trial, so I never got to try it properly, if at all. I've been meaning to ask AA for an extension.

I kinda feel the same about a decent amount of their lineup being nothing special. I like the free Titanium strip for bass boost.. it's made me wanna try the full plugin.

I've actually been debating on whether to get n Acqua or Fabfilter; it seems like everything FF makes is amazing. What do u have besides FF n Valhalla? Just curious since u seem to only buy quality stuff and aren't a pig at the plugin troth.