How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2016, 02:25 PM

Default Reamping with Kemper Profiler

Folks, I really am stumped here. And I am going mad! I am using all settings that have worked before: I/O settings in Pro Tools, same session with same track properties, etc., same routing settings in my Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, same Kemper settings/connections. When I tried just using the previously successful session in order to have another reamping session, it wouldn't work (I'll explain below). So, using the same session, I tried reloading my previously successful I/O settings file into that session. When that didn't work, I tried a whole new session starting from scratch (I have videos showing all settings/connections which I hoped would end this nonsense). Replicating everything from my videos (it also shows those settings reamping successfully) did not work. I have also tried other previously successful sessions which are set up to reamp. I've also tried different things like different rigs, restarting everything, reconnecting everything, unplugging all but the necessary connections, reinstalling the Focusrite drivers/software, and Pro Tools 11.3--you know, when you go to the freezer to look for your car keys, that sort of desperation, but I get the same results:

On the Kemper, as the clip-to-be-reamped plays through it, both input and output lights are flashing yellowish, as I've seen before. So that part of the chain seems good... And when I listen to my Kemper through a Main Out into a monitor, I hear the clip being reamped. But it's not hitting the Reamping Track at all! If I switch the output on my Pro Tools track to my monitors, I can hear my dry, un-reamped clip, but as soon as I switch the Output back over to the Reamp bus, it's gone. I've also posted this at Kemper to see if I get any ideas there as to what I might be doing wrong...

As anyone gracious enough to look will see, I think my connections and settings are correct? I haven't shown the S/PDIF connection, but it's reamping, through my monitor, so that should be fine. I do have the tracks armed to record, and I can record on these tracks if I switch my inputs to my Scarlett inputs as usual.
I will post the Scarlett 8i6 settings momentarily, as there is a 5-photo limit here.

What gives? Anything look wrong? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IO Setup--Input Settings - Copy.jpg (63.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1617 - Copy.jpg (38.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1618 - Copy.jpg (35.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IO Setup--Bus Settings - Copy.jpg (77.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IO Setup--Output Settings - Copy.jpg (71.6 KB, 0 views)