Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 AM

Default Customers should have more information from Avid

Hi everyone,
as so many people around here I really love working with PT but I'm also really upset with a few things.
As a consequence I'm considering an alternative to PT, a DAW that let me use my RAM in full, that compensates for the delay my plugins cause, that runs stably and that is better supported when something bad happens.
This has been a problem to me, because I've worked with PT for some years, it's now part of the way I work, but it's also associated with the problems I'm having at work and not having any clue if these things are going to be resolved/incorporated is really making my will to change getting bigger and bigger.
I know 64 bits it's coming sooner or later, the new Avid leadership can lead to a better support, but what about ADC for M-powered and LE? Is it going to happen?
I would really love to know what's the future for PT, it would help me stay with PT if I knew things are happening, or I would leave for good and choose a tool that works for me.
To keep costumers informed is great politics, and it makes costumers feel they are on the mind of who makes decisions, not only the future/possible costumers.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Customers should have more information from Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgb View Post
a DAW that let me use my RAM in full, that compensates for the delay my plugins cause, that runs stably and that is better supported when something bad happens.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit + PT 8.0.3 with 6GB of ram is running ok here.

delay compensation is another topic.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM

Yes Chrissdee... and out of your 6 gigs, pro tools will never even see more than 3.2 gig of your 6 gig. I have 12 gig and pro tools only uses 3.2 gig of that because it is a 32 BIT APP running on a 64 bit OS. Your 64 bit windows will use all the ram you can feed it but pro tools will not ever use that ram untill they make it a 64 bit program
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Apple M1 Max
Memory 64 GB
PreSonus Quantum 26x32 Thunderbolt
Old 04-15-2010, 03:11 PM

After seeing what happened when I typed in digidesign.com the other day, I think that was the final straw for me. I am switching to Cubase 5.