Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 05-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Default Unable to install ProTools

I just bought a MacBookPro and bought a FastTrack guitar/mic recording interface with ProTools M-Powered Essential (version 8.02) software. But I cannot seem to install the software on my mac.

I installed the driver without any problems, but every time I try to install ProTools, it makes it most of the way through the installation process until it gets to "packaging scripts", then it gets hung up for about 10 minutes and then quits and states "installation failed"

I would like to either fix this or return the product. But I am having alot of trouble getting through to the free phone support I am still entitled to (I bought the product a week ago).

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Unable to install ProTools

Hi

I'm pretty new to this but had the same problem last night.

I was about to uninstall and try again when while I was searching for the uninstaller I saw that the launch icon was there and appeared to look 'installed'? So I double clicked it to launch which prompted me to download a missing launch file of some sorts. I followed the links, downloaded and installed the file. I then relaunched Pro Tools and it works all fine!

I think this has to do with the fact that the M-Audio packages with Pro Tools were launched at least before Snow Lepard therefore needed an extra piece which the install does not have...?

I have only been figuring my way around the software for an evening since I only got it yesterday and I am able to to record guitar and vocals on seperate tracks, set up a click, apply plug in effects and bound a .wav / pretty much everything I wanted in a recording device before doing my research as to what to buy.

Hope this helps...
Old 07-15-2010, 12:15 PM

When it gets to the point that you think something is wrong, wait longer! I had the same issue when I installed about a year ago. The install runs a program called rosetta and, although it's not said to be the issue, that's what I believe makes it take so long. Just be patient... I think mine took about an hour and a half.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:58 PM

Exclamation Re: Unable to install ProTools

i have this same problem but even after installing the extension pro tools won't open. it seems like it's missing files and it won't launch fully. i should add the installation always fails towards the end as well. what do i do?
Old 08-01-2010, 12:23 AM

bump
plz help
Old 08-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Administrator

If you are on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), then you need to update to M-Powered Essential 8.0.3. Linked from the sticky thread at the top of this forum:
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8.0.3 Updates
Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 AM

I'm trying that now, thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 08:05 AM

it worked for me. thanks!