Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2010, 07:14 PM

Question Best way to remote trigger recording in PT via iPAD/iPhone

Hello all, I run windows 7 64bit, pt 8.04, and I just got a sweet digital piano that I use as a midi controller for Virtual Piano in PT. The digital piano is really far from my daw, and I was looking for a way to easily start and stop recording while sitting in front of it.

so...

I have an iPad and an iPhone.

I've seen ProRemote and AC-7 pro as good remote DAW's for PT on OSX, but I haven't seen any mention of these things working at ALL in Windows, let alone win 7 64 bit.

There is another alternative, which is using Magic Mouse (formerly air mouse pro) to just hit the keyboard shortcut to start and stop recording... the downside to this is that i don't get a nice peak indicator from the the ipad screen.

I dunno, I would really love to hear people's ideas and working setups for remote triggering/tracking.

I would love, i repeat LOVE to use my iPAD to get some visual sweetness, so if someone has had any success with the aforementioned remote daw ipad apps and win7 64bit/pt 8.04, please post and share your rig setup and maybe a quick step by step on how you were able to get it all to function. I know i wouldn't be the only person to be grateful to hear how it was done.

Thanks to all and god bless.

(Check out my Army of smileys)

PT LE 8.0.4 | Barebones Windows 7 x64 | Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz OC'ed to 3.01ghz | ZALMAN CNPS9700 CPU Fan | Asus P5k Deluxe/wifi AP Mobo | 8gb 1066 ddr2 ram | PPC S61EPS 610W 12V power supply | 2x WD 300gb 10,000rpm Velociraptors | MBOX 2 | BCF2000 | MicroKONTROL | Radium 49 | POD X3 | iPAD | Mackie Studio Monitors | and my favorite new addition - Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (the greatest keyboard of all time)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Best way to remote trigger recording in PT via iPAD/iPhone

I'm with ya. I keep hearing that ProRemote is going to release a Windows compatible version, but it's still vaporware as far as I know. You'd think someone would be able to come up with a workable app for this by now....
Yosemite OS