Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-23-2015, 03:53 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 doesn't work,Sesions open then pro tools stop responding

I have a macbook pro 2.6 ghz i5 8 gigs of ram
running Pro Tools 11.3.1

I try opening my existing sessions and pro tools stops responding
I try a new session and it stops responding

I have tried taking all plugins off my older sessions doesn't help
I have absolutely no clue what to do, maybe there is a preference that can be deleted or maybe a folder that needs deleting

I have also repaired my disk as well as the permissions

I'm stuck, if you can help me out that would be great

thank you
Old 07-23-2015, 06:31 PM

Question Re: Pro Tools 11 doesn't work,Sesions open then pro tools stop responding

Which version of Mac OS X are you using? Have you moved all third party plug-ins from /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins to /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins (Unused)? Have you tried another OS X user account?
Old 07-23-2015, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 doesn't work,Sesions open then pro tools stop responding

I am running OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite
It does give me an option to be put in unused but I thought that then the plugin would not work
Old 07-24-2015, 06:58 AM

Lightbulb Re: Pro Tools 11 doesn't work,Sesions open then pro tools stop responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronic21 View Post
It does give me an option to be put in unused but I thought that then the plugin would not work
This is true. If a plug-in is in the unused folder, it is not available for use. Given that you are having problems doing the basics, it might be worth moving all non-Avid plug-ins into the unused folder and seeing if you are then able to create a new session without Pro Tools going into a non-responsive state.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 doesn't work,Sesions open then pro tools stop responding

It may also be worth trying this trick; hold the SHIFT key while you open a session. That command makes all plugins inactive. USUALLY, if a plugin is the issue, this will allow the session to open, and then you know its plugin-related(helps a bit with troubleshooting)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-27-2015, 01:14 AM

Unfortunately I am still having problems its like pro tools picks and chooses, i'll open the session and most of the time it opens and right away stops responding, sometimes I can get maybe 5 minutes before it stops responding 1 time yesterday I got about 30-45 minutes to use it before it stopped responding, I did disable the plugins and it made no difference it just doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason I can't pick up a pattern like if I hit record, or use the faders or open other windows, it doesn't seem to matter
Old 07-31-2015, 02:27 AM

Someone had mentioned trying a new account on the mac and I did an still the exact same problem of the session not responding either immediately or 5-10 seconds in