Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2011, 04:45 AM

Default Waves C6 V8

So I may be barking completely up the wrong trees here, but I'm sure I'll work that out by the end of this thread!

I've purchased a licensed for the Waves C6 V8 (Native, TDM), and I'm beginning to think I've bought something I can't use with this Avid DShow (profile) that I'm mixing on at the minute.

The V7 bundle doesn't contain the C6, and I cannot find a download for any kind of V8 plugin bundle for the console.

Am I right or wrong so far?!

While looking around for solutions and ideas, I've found a .dll from within the V8 download from the waves website. Is it possible to drop this into the DShow somehow, or am I playing with things that are incompatible and untested?

For the record, all I'm doing at the minute is looking into it. I haven't tried anything with the console at the moment, but really like to work out whether I need to purchase something different.

Richard Nicholson
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Waves C6 V8

the v8 is not available for d show yet it should be out in the next week or so.

the c6 install should be there 2
Old 01-31-2011, 05:58 PM

As long as it is a TDM plug-in it can be installed. Some manufactures have a VENUE installer which makes installation a bit easier, but is not absolute necessary. All you gotta do for a non-VENUE installable plug-in is quit to the desktop (Ctrl+Click Shutdown in Options > System) and you will be looking at the desktop. Run the installer as you would on a normal PC. If you have a CD, put it in the drive...USB key, open that from My Computer. Once installed successfully, you are good to go. Click the icon "Return to D-Show Software" and the plug-in should be rockin' and ready once your plug-ins load initially.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmillerjr View Post
As long as it is a TDM plug-in it can be installed. Some manufactures have a VENUE installer which makes installation a bit easier, but is not absolute necessary. All you gotta do for a non-VENUE installable plug-in is quit to the desktop (Ctrl+Click Shutdown in Options > System) and you will be looking at the desktop.
I think that would be ill-advised for the Waves stuff. Their plugins use a shell, and you should get the VENUE specific version of that.

If you are going to use the C6 with VENUE, I would email Waves and ask them for a temporary time-limited license of the V7 version of the C6 until V8 is available.

Also make sure you have the D-Show enabler on your iLok as well.

Dave
Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 PM

Just checked Waves.com and V8 is available now. http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=10123

Dave
Old 02-01-2011, 04:35 AM

As if by magic!

I was wary of trying anything without the correct installer, just because I'm a paranoid kind of guy.

Now to begin the V8 process!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:15 PM

So...I'm missing something here. I just dropped the Waves Live demo on my VENUE, registered with WAVES for the demo, but I can not find the D-Show Enabler anywhere. Not on my iLok account or anything.

Where are you supposed to go to get this?

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 02-02-2011, 12:18 PM

NVM Found it...

Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 AM

If I might ask for one more bit of clarification here... Because Waves site can be a little ambiguous at times...

Is the C6 now a part of the Live bundle in V8?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stygar View Post
If I might ask for one more bit of clarification here... Because Waves site can be a little ambiguous at times...

Is the C6 now a part of the Live bundle in V8?
If this list is correct then it seems to be no

http://www.waveslive.com/html/bundle...how-venue.aspx