How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Avid

Default Re: S6 Shutdown at the EOD

Auto load from WS session coming in v2.0 in June.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:52 PM

Hi everyone! Our S6 is gets very unhappy if you turn it off completely.

V2.0

We shutdown from the soft menu (not the button on the back). Then turned off at the wall.

When we turn everything back on, the MM computer boots up fine, however the individual modules are unresponsive. (Except for a purple light on each module) They show up on the MM as having a firmware version of 0.0.0.0. The only thing so far that can get the modules back, is to individually reboot each module from the surface page.

Occasionally (before rebooting each module) a module will turn red on the surface page.

We have tried reinstalling the S6 software from the USB stick, but no luck.

Thoughts?
Old 08-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by laki View Post
Hi everyone! Our S6 is gets very unhappy if you turn it off completely.

V2.0

We shutdown from the soft menu (not the button on the back). Then turned off at the wall.

When we turn everything back on, the MM computer boots up fine, however the individual modules are unresponsive. (Except for a purple light on each module) They show up on the MM as having a firmware version of 0.0.0.0. The only thing so far that can get the modules back, is to individually reboot each module from the surface page.

Occasionally (before rebooting each module) a module will turn red on the surface page.

We have tried reinstalling the S6 software from the USB stick, but no luck.

Thoughts?
Can I get some more info from you ? Are you using the internal DHCP Server (port 2 on the Master module), what else do you have on the S6 network, is it a separate network i.e. you use 2 network cards in your workstation (S6 and Internet/WAN)
Old 08-07-2015, 02:48 PM

Thanks for your reply Eddie. Seems like I made my reply in haste. Reinstalling DID fix the issue, however, I had to go into the DHCP server config file to change the IP range (to what it was set to prior to reinstalling the software).

After doing this, I cycled power a few times to make sure that everything was still coming back. We've shut it down for the weekend, let's see what Monday has in store for us. I'm sure it will all be fine.

By the way, the S6 is connected to its own Ethernet port on the workstation (New MacPro). Nothing else is on the S6 Network. Not sure what port I'm using (because I'm not in front of it at the moment) but I'm imagining port 2 because we are using the internal DHCP server.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Avid

So when you change the IP address range of the internal DHCP server you need to delete the file database.ini which is in the same folder as the dhcpcfg.ini file and then restart the master module. This clears the old IP address range and gives out new ones.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
So when you change the IP address range of the internal DHCP server you need to delete the file database.ini which is in the same folder as the dhcpcfg.ini file and then restart the master module. This clears the old IP address range and gives out new ones.

Oh yes, of course. Learned this the first time around!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:02 AM

All good this morning!