Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 09-06-2019, 04:45 AM

Default Re: .ptx file corruption-missing audio and video files- no way to relink-

This just happened to me AGAIN,

Mac OS 10.12.6
PT 2019.6 Ultimate

Started after a 'save as' (new file number and description).

Contacting support, will update here if anything happens...

Last edited by Farhoof; 09-06-2019 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:22 PM

Default Re: .ptx file corruption-missing audio and video files- no way to relink-

Sorry to hear this, I sent you an e-mail with the tracer from Avid. If you start a support ticket, hopefully it'll get them working on a fix. They took forever to get me the tracer.

When it happened this time, are you saying that a "save as" deviation is what became corrupted? I've gotten in the habit of saving and renaming .ptx files every hour or so manually. Then I .zip them in a separate folder. No idea if that will help or not, but it's the best thing I can try, along with the tracer from Avid. From my understanding, Dlogs aren't generated because a crash doesn't happen, but I could be wrong about that.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:39 AM

Thank you so much for the tracer! I don't know what I will see if it happens again but I've told everybody here to contact me when they see something weird.

Regarding the 'save as', the last working session was saved at 12:11 which is working fine (including the session backups), the next session is saved at 12:14 (save as, new number) which is corrupted, including the session backups. I am (wildly) guessing the corruption might started after a 'save as', but it could be a coincident.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 AM

This has happened to me twice now and both times it was not after a save as.

I have also installed the tracer (Thanks Mike!) and will report back if it occurs again.
Mac 2010 3.46 GHz 6 Core

Thanks,
Jeff Yellen
ridgelinesound.com