Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 09-06-2017, 01:47 PM

Default PT8 doesn't recognize Eleven Rack after installing latest driver [SOLVED]

I've been running an eleven rack with PT8 for years without too many issues. I realize my version of PT is out of date, but it's always done the job I need it for and haven't had a big reason to shell out the $ for an update.

I installed the latest eleven rack driver as I was trying to solve an issue I was having, and now PT8 doesn't recognize the hardware and won't boot up. I checked to see if I could 'roll back' the driver in windows and that option was grayed out. I uninstalled the driver but windows automatically reinstalled it when I rebooted the eleven rack...

Did AVID seriously make an update for a unit that CAME WITH PRO TOOLS 8 that makes the hardware no longer work with PT8?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 09-06-2017, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Driver update for eleven rack issue

I was able to successfully install the update after digging deeper for it. Currently have PT8 running again. I'm not sure how to delete this thread though so....
Old 09-06-2017, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Driver update for eleven rack issue

So your issue was not an incompatible driver update, rather an update that didn't install correctly the first time?

What did you have to "dig deeper" for? This info may help someone who is contemplating updating their Eleven Rack's driver.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:49 AM

Default Re: PT8 doesn't recognize Eleven Rack after installing latest driver [SOLVED]

I believe the issue was that the latest driver for Eleven Rack is not compatible with PT8; once I updated the driver PT8 no longer recognized the hardware and as a result would not boot up.
By 'dig deeper' I mean I had to find the actual 'Eleven Rack driver Uninstall' file on my computer to completely uninstall the driver (doing so from Device Manager wasn't working for me).
After doing that I was able to install the oldest Eleven Rack driver available, and Pro Tools fired right up no problem after that.

I am currently trying to use my microphone (connected to my Eleven Rack) with Skype, and that's why I tried installing the latest Driver. currently no luck on that front, regardless of which Eleven Rack driver I'm using.