Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 PM

Default Mbox 2 Mini instructions

Good afternoon,
I've recently joined the Pro Tools LE family by purchasing an Mbox 2 Mini. I've successfully set it up and have begun recording. However, I'm unable to find any additional instructions on how to use the device (ie. edit, modify, save, transfer data etc..). The only instructions I received were the "Getting Started" guide, the "Setup Guide" and the instructional DVD that guides you through the use of ProTools - for a full tool board, not the Mbox 2 Mini. I've likely missed something here - but aren't there specific instructions available for the MB 2 Mini? Thanks for your help and and I'll look forward to your insights.
Steve
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 Mini instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scearnshaw View Post
Good afternoon,
I've recently joined the Pro Tools LE family by purchasing an Mbox 2 Mini. I've successfully set it up and have begun recording. However, I'm unable to find any additional instructions on how to use the device (ie. edit, modify, save, transfer data etc..). The only instructions I received were the "Getting Started" guide, the "Setup Guide" and the instructional DVD that guides you through the use of ProTools - for a full tool board, not the Mbox 2 Mini. I've likely missed something here - but aren't there specific instructions available for the MB 2 Mini? Thanks for your help and and I'll look forward to your insights.
Steve
The comprehensive 1000p + ProTools Reference Manual can be accessed from the help menu from within ProTools. There is also an optional hardcopy available from AVID... It can also be downloaded here:

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._v80_56127.pdf

Note that it is not a "how to record songs on my computer" instruction manual, but a reference guide that works best when you at least a little familiar with the process and terminology.

You should feel free to ask your questions here, too, but make sure you attempt to search out an answer first. Most beginner questions have been asked and answered a thousand times and you may catch a little flak if you don't search first..