Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2003, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Here's one I've just started mixing tonight. I finished recording everything but drums and vocals. The vocals are just scratch tracks and the drums are loops put together using Naked Drums demo session, not much time put into it at all. I mixed them in the demo session and bounced so the bass drum gets lost, but whatever. I'm going to record real drums when I have a few more songs ready.

King of Glory
Old 06-29-2003, 11:18 PM

Steve...I love 'Christmas at the Zoo'... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
It's funny that I heard this now, because we all went to the Zoo here Friday night, right? Well, once we got deeep in the heart of the place, all the lights went completely out....just pitch black everywhere.....it was so dark, you couldn't see 3 feet in front of you...we were walking right into other people walking toward us. Linda(my wife) was holding onto me, and I was reaching out ahead of us so we didn't hit any more people(or a tree). I think we wandered into 'Cat Country' before we found our way out...

Now, if they could have played your 'Christmas at the Zoo' over the loudspeakers, everybody would have felt a whole lot better about the situation... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (good song)
Old 06-30-2003, 12:41 AM

Soundsurfr: Wow, thanks very much! I'm slowly working on eliminating the "demoness" from my recordings.. but I think I still suffer from "everything louder than everything else" syndrome..

Anyway, here's one I just finished for all you metalheads (not)

Christmas at the Zoo

I just reworked an old recording in PTLE, and yes, I realise that I was sitting indoors in mid June with the thermometer hovering around the 90's working on a Christmas song... (shakes head in shame..)

-S.

Windows7 64bit, RME UCX, Asus Z97-P, i7-4790K@4.00Ghz, 32GB Ballistix Ram, Console 1, Unity Audio Rocks, RME UCX.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:58 AM

...he he he ...Steve...your take on "Pet Sounds"...? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And yes, your last track also reminded me of XTC !

Fun tracks, and definitely great vibes. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Steev - I think the turkeys would be more likely to enjoy "grouse". Especially on Christmas.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But that would almost be cannibalism! you disgust me!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

(I was going on size I s'pose..)

Cheers Roy, reminds me of when I was about 6 and my mum took me to the Zoo, we lost track of time & were in the reptile house.. all of a sudden the lights went out & it was quiet.. they'd closed the place, locked the doors & turned out the lights.. just me my mum & loads of Aligators..

Funny how these things always surface in a song sooner or later isn't it!

I tarted up What is wrong with this picture if anyones interested, simplified the bass & sorted out the intro..

-S.
-feels a power ballad coming on..

Windows7 64bit, RME UCX, Asus Z97-P, i7-4790K@4.00Ghz, 32GB Ballistix Ram, Console 1, Unity Audio Rocks, RME UCX.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:23 AM

hey paul/roy/chris, that was a great song, and the ending was hillarious.
you guys should take requests or something ;-o, well actually maybe not, but i think you guys should do a virtual band cover of queen and bowie's 'under pressure'. that would be great, i would pay for a cd of that.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:15 PM

thanks arcarsensal...that ending was fun...some of Paul's creative mischief... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Steve,
Just heard 'Lets get Brian back in his sandbox', and again loved it. You have a gift for unique, refreshing stuff...where are you located?.........thanks, Roy
Old 06-30-2003, 02:53 PM

Hi Roy,

And again thanks! Sandbox wasn't done on PTLE, it's an old recording I did on Voyetras much underrated Digital Orchestrator Pro.. I was going to re-do it on PTLE much as I did Xmas at the Zoo, but I quite like the density of that version despite its many faults. (I want tomake the singing even more like the Fifth Dimension!)

I'm near Cambridge in England, lived most of my life in London but moved out here a few months ago to get away from the hell hole the city has become.. an added bonus is my neighbours are further away now so I can make more noise..

So if that intercontinental jam band needs a left field instrument or 24 tracks of densly harmonised vocals on 2 lines near the middle you know where to find me! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steevp:
... if that intercontinental jam band needs a left field instrument or 24 tracks of densly harmonised vocals on 2 lines near the middle you know where to find me! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Great, Steve....we'll have to do something for sure, very soon.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:39 PM

If this was a car show, it's full of cherried out RollsRoyce's

this old one's more like a old ford pinto

I figured it's time to lower the bar again [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]