Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 10-16-2007, 07:14 AM

Default HD Video in Pro Tools?

Is there any HD Video solution for Pro Tools?

Also, does anybody know of a way to use the V10 on an Avid Unity Network running Unity 5 and the PT machine running 7.3.1?

Current config:

Computer:
HP workstation XW8200, Dual Intel Xeon 3.4 GHz with 2 GB RAM, running Windows XP Professional SP2

Digidesign Gear:
D-Command
XMon
Sync I/O

Software:
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs2
Avid Unity 5

The basic problem -

Pro Tools 7.3 is not compatible with Media Station | PT, and the V10 is not compatible with HD video.
The reason we upgraded to 7.3 is that Unity 5 is not compatible with 7.2.

Bottom Line:
Is there a HD video solution for Pro Tools 7.3 on an Avid Unity Network running Unity 5? Or for that matter, is there ANY HD video solution for Pro Tools that you can actually buy and that actually works?

Or is there even a way to still use the V10 in the SD environment on Unity 5 running Pro Tools 7.3?

Is there anybody successfully working with Unity 5 and Pro Tools?

Thanks - jeremiah
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: HD Video in Pro Tools?

I believe that the new Video Satellite will address this in PT7.4. Check out the info on Avid/Digi's site.

Buddy
Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 PM

V10 works with 7.3 but media station is no longer compatible. As for Unity 5 I am not sure. I would think that V10 is compatible because it is the same thing pretty much as the Adrenaline Bob.

We are still using 7.2 because we need Media station. And we are still on Unity 4.12.

Hope it helps.

As for the new satalite option I do not believe it can do HD video considering it only works with MOJO and MOJO SDI. There is no HD option for MOJO. I could be wrong but that is what I understand.

Mike
Old 10-16-2007, 12:50 PM

Probably not what your looking for but you can run HD video on a second (or third) computer monitor. There are cards that will do HD out of QT and that should also work but I'm on a Mac and don't know what is available for the PC. If your looking for something from Avid/Digi...? the history there has not been great for video solutions.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the replies and good information.

My understanding is that video satellite will do HD, but the problem with video satellite is that it doesn't exist (at least not yet). I'm going to try and see if it's possible to get my editors to export a file that will still work with the V10 and Unity 5 and Pro Tools 7.3.1... we'll see. I'll just have to continue working in SD and using QuickTime .mov exports for HD if that works, but better than nothing.

If anyone had any information on this - it's appreciated.

Thanks -