Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-09-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Crash during driver instal.

Hello,
I have a Digi001 and a PC with WinXP pro sp2.
When i'm trying to instal protools LE 6.4 I have a crash during the driver installation. As I get a message that says "Driver instalation, it can take severales minutes[...]" my mouse cursor disapears and my screen freezes. (I tried to wait like 15 minutes but nothing happens)
I have been trying to instal the Wawe drivers separatly but I have the same problem...even with older versions.
I tried also to switch off my other PCI applications, network cards, old audio drivers. Nothing works.

I'm a bit conserned since I bought this Digi001 from someone and it has travelled.... Maybe it was damaged... The person I bought it from says it was fully worky on is Macintosh...

Please help me.

P.S : I installed the Interlook driver kit, PACE system updated... But it didn't change a thing
Old 01-10-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Crash during driver instal.

up :s
Old 01-10-2006, 02:52 PM

You would have to list your system specs -- including the motherboard model and chipset(s). Also search the DUC (and compatibility docs) for previous threads about 001 system compatibility.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-10-2006, 06:03 PM

Well I have a ADM Athlon 64 3500+ on a Asus A8N-SLI deluxe Motherboards, 1gb of Corsair RAM, a 200Gb Saegate HD and a Zalman Fan .
Thus I did chek for 001 system compatibility and it says my configuration is good.

I sent a mail to the digidesign tecnicial services and they replied that the 001 was not officialy tested on Win XP pro sp2.

I was wondering maybe trying it on a sp1 version of WinXP pro could determine if it's my version of windows that causes the issues. I'm gonna try that for now but if anyone have experienced the same troubles it would be great to tell me.

Thx in advance.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:09 PM

Read this thread -- then check your drivers.

Also read this thread which describes a similar issue you're having.

Search the DUC for more (that's how I found these links).

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••