Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-27-2004, 05:41 PM

Default Infintie PT 6.4 Unexpectedly Quits with Mac 10.3.4

Anyone-

Trying to run PT 6.4 after recent upgrade to Mac OS 10.3.4. The application continuually crashes (unexpectedly quits). This was happening in 6.2.2 prior to the 6.4 upgrade, but after the 10.3.4 install. I thought that 6.4 update would take care of this issue but it did not. This whole mess started with an upgrade to 10.3.4. Proir to that all was well in DigiLand. Ive tried all of the recommended tidbits,(trashing prefs, DAE, Repairing permiossions, etc). Nada, Nothing... Please Help ....must have music ASAP. Digi Test reports everythiong checks out. Looks like software compatibiliyt issue with OS X 10.3.4??????

System:

Mac OSX 10.3.4
Digi 001 Pro Tools LE
Dual 1.25 G4 MDD FW 800
1.5 GB Ram
80 and 60 GB HDs
DVD & CD Burners
Old 07-27-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Infintie PT 6.4 Unexpectedly Quits with Mac 10.3.4

10.3.4 works fine for me. It was, however, installed by default on my system.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:38 PM

Have you updated all your plugins?
Quote:
Installation and Copy Protection Warning: Updating Pace-Wrapped Plug-Ins Due to a recently discovered PACE copy protection bug, some users may experience instability and/or crashes when launching Pro Tools if any Pace-wrapped third party plug-ins are installed. The fix for this bug is in the latest PACE drivers included and installed automatically within the Pro Tools software installer. Updates to all plug-ins are also necessary to prevent instability and/or crashes. To determine which plug-ins are affected, we have included a utility which will scan your Plug-Ins folder and list all plug-ins that need to be updated. To use this utility, just launch the “Digidesign Plug-In Validator” application located in your Pro Tools Utilities folder. If any of your non-Digidesign plug-ins have not been updated, they will be listed in the display window. Please visit the Web site for the manufacturer of any affected plug-ins and download the update (if available), or ask the manufacturer when one will be available. Even if you do not have updates for all your plug-ins, instability will only occur immediately after adding or removing a plugin from your Pro Tools Plug-Ins folder. After the first crash and subsequent reboot, you should not see any further problems, unless you then add or remove plug-ins from the Plug-Ins folder.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:52 PM

BARACAS

I have the same problems all was fine before upgrading see my similar posts in the duc

my system has turned into captain crash all the time

I dont feel like typing out all of problems again just see my earlier posts

grr to digidesign

-mundy
Old 07-30-2004, 03:49 PM

Hello...

As I am using a Digi 001, I am still able to run audio throught the Mac into the Digi and out to my monitors. Definitely a software glitch from the 10.3.4 install, just cant find the conflict. Tried all recomended bug fixes, but nothing is working yet.
Any other ideas out there from the Mac users in Digiland....?

Thanks!
baracas
Old 08-05-2004, 03:06 PM

Thank the maker...This 6.4cs6 update finally got Pro Tools running on my Mac again without continuous "unexpected quits". Thought I was left out in the cold with my Digi 001.

Ciao
Old 08-06-2004, 11:11 AM

congrats my friend!! thats great to hear. There has been so many frustrated users that its nice to hear someone get things resolved.

I would also like to say that I upgraded my RAM and got my G5 dual 1.8 working lovely with Pro tools and my oo2 Rack. Thanks Digi!!! things are well.