Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-18-2008, 04:48 PM

Default No waveform during recording audio

Hello everybody,

since a few days, my Pro Tools LE 7.4cs3 shows no waveform during recording audio anymore. After recording, the waveforms are shown but not during recording. I'm not in QuickPunch, Loop or Destructive record mode!!! I've tried it with a new session and also with older ones but the problem still appears...

I hope someone can help me...

Greets from Germany,

Daniel
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 PM

Default Re: No waveform during recording audio

I don't think this is a glitch or a problem. It may be slow graphics but I did not notice any change between my older single core system with 64MB video and my new dual core with 256MB video card. I have never felt the need to instantly see the waveform. If I am watching the screen I am not listening so I tend to ignore the screen other than seeing the tracks turn pink so I know they are recording. Just my 2 cents after 3 years of protools.

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-26-2008, 09:30 AM

I have noticed this same issue recently. It was working fine and then for no reason I can think of , it just ceased drawing the waveforms during record- they do show afterwards during playback though. I'm just wondering what happened? I don't think I did anything to cause this, it just quit drawing them. I use a MacBook 2.2 core duo, 1gb ram PT 7.4.2
Old 12-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Avid

The waveform draws during record are one of the last things to get updated. The only reason why they wouldn't show is that you do not have enough CPU resources left to draw them.

Did anything change on your system between when they were working and now, especially something that may take up CPU cycles? Did you disable all background processes? Are you at a higher track count than usual or using a different drive?

You might try trashing prefs and see if that helps, otherwise optimizing CPU usage is probably the only thing that will bring them back.