Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2021, 04:12 AM

Default MTRX Studio insert delay settings recall

I have recently moved from HD I/O (which was sample accurate without entering any hardware insert delay) to MTRX Studio. I understood that to have the hardware inserts working properly I have to create session templates for each sampling frequency with the correct values written in H/W Insert delay tab of I/O setup.
I created the templates for each frequency, but when I create a new session with a template for a frequency I want work in the correct values are not recalled in H/W Insert Delay tab, values from previously opened session are loaded. So... even if I enter the correct values in a session and save it, and work afterwards with different values for a different frequency- when I reopen the session its hardware delays are all wrong. Need to hit "restore from session" each time I open to make sure everything will work correctly. Is there a way to automate this - so the correct values are always loaded from the session file (including templates) ? There must be something I am misunderstanding or doing wrong, please help!
Thanks in advance,
Robert

Last edited by robertszydlo; 03-10-2021 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:24 AM
Avid

Default Re: MTRX Studio insert delay settings recall

Hi. You are not wrong. We seriously need to improve this. The HW Insert Delay values in IO Setup are currently global - which means they don't change based on the session or template. Perhaps this would be a good first step? I'd also like to see the values appear in the window in samples instead of ms.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 03-10-2021, 06:01 AM

Wow,
This means I need to go to I/O setup and recall correct delays each time I open a new session ( about 27 times a day ) and they are never in the same frequency :)
Seriously if I knew this (despite all my love for Mtrx Dadman soft) I would probably keep my HD I/O and Omni setup and save a few K$ and a major headache.
Thanks Jeff, hope this will be improved soon!
Best Regards,
Robert
Old 03-11-2021, 05:38 AM

Even though I'd love to pull the trigger for 1 mtrx studio and 2 mtrx's this year i'm not budging at all until avid fixes this.

too inconvenient.

ej
Old 03-15-2021, 06:44 AM

Just posting that this would be hugely appreciated, it's massively time consuming to switch them back and forth
Old 03-16-2021, 12:34 PM

Time consuming is not even my biggest problem. The worst is the constant fear "did I remember to check it when committing the hardware loops yesterday?"
This is why I sold mytek converters and bought HD I/O system...to be always sample accurate
Let's wait and hope :)