Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2018, 04:36 PM

Default Show/Hide tracks memory locations getting corrupted?

Hi, it's not often I'm at my wits end with a PT problem, but this one has me really stumped.

I have an issue where my track show and hide memory locations are off by three tracks after I close and re-open a session.
That is, if I have set memory location A to show tracks 1,2,3,4 and location B to show tracks 5,6,7,8, they work fine until I close and reopen my session, when suddenly memory location A show tracks 4,5,6,7 and location B shows tracks 8,9,10 and 11!
These are just examples - it's happening on many, many tracks.

I made a new session and imported the tracks from the bad session - issue still persists.
I trashed PT prefs, restarted my computer and the issue persisted.
I created new tracks and copied the data from tracks 1,2,3 and 5,6,7 onto them and things were fine again. Closed and reopened the session without issue.

Went home last night, came in this morning, fired up the session and the issue is back.

I don't want to have to make new tracks for all the offending tracks again as there are a lot of them, and updating the many memory locations I have with all the different track views takes a while, and it's not something I want to do every day.

Any ideas as to what's happening?

PT2018.4 OSX Sierra 10.12.4