How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2015, 07:01 PM

Default License expired

Hello forum,

I've recently just paid for my monthly subscription to Pro Tools 12, and recieved both emails from avid claiming payment was successful, and recieved an invoice. However, when trying to load up PT's it is asking me to activate my license for PT, then prompting me saying that I don't have an active license on my iLok pen, but on my account it says it is active, but on "Application Manager" its saying expired. I thought this might have been just a one off thing, but I'm now upto day 8 without Pro Tools, and I'm starting to get worried.

Is there anything or anyone who can help me?

Regards,
Old 10-08-2015, 07:04 PM

Default Re: License expired

Did you run I-lok manager and put the license on your I-lok?
Old 10-08-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Did you run I-lok manager and put the license on your I-lok?
Yes, I've had the subscription since March.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:50 AM

I have exactly the same problem! I have a monthly subscription for pt12 since june - worked for three months - then suddenly it says that the licence has expired...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pt1.jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pt2.jpg (27.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-09-2015, 01:58 AM

I'm not intinately familiar with how the subscription licenses get updated, but it must require some kind of refresh to extend the expiry date.

If you load up iLok License Manager, what date is shown as the expiration date on the license. My guess is that is will be the end date of your last subscription period.

That would be why Pro Tools won't launch, because it checks to see that the license hasn't expired.

So there must be some sync process, automatic or manual, that gets done when you renew your subscription, to update the expiration date of the license.

If that has happened already, and the expiration date is later than today, and yet Pro Tools still won't launch, then you have some other problem.

One question comes to mind that I haven't really thought of before ...

If your license, for some reason, is showing that the license has expired ... i.e. the expiration date is in the past ....

What happens if you take your computer offline (completely disconnect from the internet) and then reset the computer's date/time to be a few days before the license expiry date.

Does Pro Tools then launch?
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 10-09-2015, 01:59 AM

Happened to me twice now, 2nd month of each subscription - both times I had to contact support, explain, re-explain, jump through the hoops of trying out suggestions which I've already said I've done for them to finally cancel the existing subscription and start a new one.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remute View Post
Happened to me twice now, 2nd month of each subscription - both times I had to contact support, explain, re-explain, jump through the hoops of trying out suggestions which I've already said I've done for them to finally cancel the existing subscription and start a new one.
Well that's a right royal pain!

Unless they can get these subscriptions renewing seamlessly, it's could turn into a big drain on Avid Customer Care resources.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)