Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Default Moogerfooger bundle auth. in PT 11

I'm a little confused here. I have the MoogerFooger Bundle from Pro Tools 8, 9, and 10. It came with an MBox I bought a while back. It's always worked perfectly through all updates of PT. Now I updated to PT 11 and it's asking me to authorize the bundle. I go to Avid's product page for the Moog and see a version 11 download for the MoogerFooger bundle. I'm thinking, "Cool, it's just an update to AAX format." So, I download and install that update.

When I launch PT 11, it still asks me to authorize the plugin bundle and tells me I don't have the authorizations on my iLok. Is there a cost to having MoogerFooger in PT 11 if I've had it all this time already? I thought it was free since it's a bundle I already got from Avid like 4 years ago.

For every previous version of PT, I was able to bring MoogerFooger right over. Is the new AAX 64 not free? That would really suck.

Would love some insight on this. Thanks.

MAC OS Ventura
Pro Tools 2024.3
2020 iMac 27" 3.2 Ghz i5, 64GB Ram
UA Apollo Rackmount Thunderbolt + Dangerous D-Box
2x Glyph Studio 2TB Raid SSD
Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Moogerfooger bundle auth. in PT 11

Same history as you, but moogerfooger bundle is working fine here in PT11. Free upgrade, no fee for AAX64.

Only difference I can see is that I did not download a specific update file from Avid. I used the update file that came with the downloaded installer for PT11.

Don't have it with me at the moment to check, but you get a zip fle as part of the PT11 installer download, called 'audio plugins update' or something like that. When you unzip, you get individual installers for all the Avid bundles that have been ported so far, including ones you would have had to buy separately.

It definitely includes moogerfooger bundle. That's where I installed from, and it's working ok here using my PT8 era licence.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 AM

My Moogerfooger bundle still doesn't work in PT 11. I've downloaded the AAX update from the MoogerFooger bundle page at Avid's website. Still, I'm asked to authorize the plugins when I launch PT 11. I've owned the bundle for years now and have used in PT 10 without an issue. Is there a different update I should be downloading for PT 11?
The one I used is here: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Moogerfooger-Bundle

This doesn't work. Would really love some insight. Thanks. How have people enabled this bundle to work in PT 11?

MAC OS Ventura
Pro Tools 2024.3
Old 09-16-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anackman View Post
My Moogerfooger bundle still doesn't work in PT 11. I've downloaded the AAX update from the MoogerFooger bundle page at Avid's website. Still, I'm asked to authorize the plugins when I launch PT 11. I've owned the bundle for years now and have used in PT 10 without an issue. Is there a different update I should be downloading for PT 11?
The one I used is here: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Moogerfooger-Bundle

This doesn't work. Would really love some insight. Thanks. How have people enabled this bundle to work in PT 11?
In your Avid Master Account there is a separate download installer for these plugins and that is the one we used, not anything from the website. If you bought the upgrade to PT11 you get 3 files, one for PT11 One for AIR Instruments and one for the plugins that was an optional purchase as those doesn't come free with PT anymore. We just downloaded the installer, ran it and made sure our plugins were on the new ilok2 which is needed for PT11HD to authorize. I dunno if the plugin authorizations needs to be on the same iLok2 as PT11 but you need to make sure you have the licenses for the MF activated correctly on ilok.com.
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
In your Avid Master Account there is a separate download installer for these plugins and that is the one we used, not anything from the website. If you bought the upgrade to PT11 you get 3 files, one for PT11 One for AIR Instruments and one for the plugins that was an optional purchase as those doesn't come free with PT anymore. We just downloaded the installer, ran it and made sure our plugins were on the new ilok2 which is needed for PT11HD to authorize. I dunno if the plugin authorizations needs to be on the same iLok2 as PT11 but you need to make sure you have the licenses for the MF activated correctly on ilok.com.
Chris
chris, thank you...I logged into my Master Account. I have all my PT downloads and Air Instruments, but nothing for Mooger. I checked back to PT 8. Still nothing. How does your master account have a Mooger download? I originally got my Mooger bundle with an MBox back in 2008. It was part of a plugin bundle. At this point, I don't use the MBox anymore, but still like the Mooger bundle. I did not "buy" the mooger bundle on its own. It just came with the MBox.

so, i can't figure this out. silly. is anyone in my boat?

MAC OS Ventura
Pro Tools 2024.3
Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anackman View Post
chris, thank you...I logged into my Master Account. I have all my PT downloads and Air Instruments, but nothing for Mooger. I checked back to PT 8. Still nothing. How does your master account have a Mooger download? I originally got my Mooger bundle with an MBox back in 2008. It was part of a plugin bundle. At this point, I don't use the MBox anymore, but still like the Mooger bundle. I did not "buy" the mooger bundle on its own. It just came with the MBox.

so, i can't figure this out. silly. is anyone in my boat?
It is not a MF installer it is a bundle installer that is called something like 11.0.1 plugin installer something or other. Our account have these installers:

PT11
AIR
PI installer
Demo song

All these are located in your account if you have purchased the update so list your installers you have under Pro tools 10 or 9 or whatever version of PT you updated from. It should be under that folder.

Ours is called Pro Tools 10 UG No Charge and there under that folder the PT11 installer are located.

EDIT!!!

Here is the exact name for the installer :

Audio_Plug-Ins_11.0.0_Update_Mac.dmg

Here are the plugins included in that installer (ONLY THE BLUE PLUGIN NAMES)

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340211

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-25-2014, 01:31 PM

I'm sort of in the same boat here. Got authorizations in my iLok for Moogerfooger Ring Modulator and Analog Delay.

My account page with available downloads for Pro Tools 11 doesn't show anything named "Audio_Plug-Ins_11.0.0_Update_Mac.dmg", so from the main Moogerfooger page (http://www.avid.com/US/products/Moogerfooger-Bundle) I downloaded the installer "Moogerfooger_Bundle_11_1_Installer_80708".

Only copied RM and AD from the 4 that come in the installer. Still I get a message prompting to authorize RM and AD during Pro Tools launch.

Anybody knows where to download an installer that will install only RM and AD, AAX64 version? Otherwise, I guess I'll have to contact Avid directly to get new authorizations maybe.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:29 AM

Exact same issue here. Not seeing that particular download in my account. Moodegfoooger AD is on my ilok but I cannot install the aax version.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanosan View Post
Exact same issue here. Not seeing that particular download in my account. Moodegfoooger AD is on my ilok but I cannot install the aax version.
Hi

Here are the installers if you scroll down a bit.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Moogerfooger-Bundle

Best Wishes
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-29-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixaudio View Post

Anybody knows where to download an installer that will install only RM and AD, AAX64 version? Otherwise, I guess I'll have to contact Avid directly to get new authorizations maybe.
Hi

Check the list here and choose "learn more" button for the installers of each plugin you are looking for

http://www.avid.com/plugins

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————