Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 AM

Default Re: The Official Unofficial Windows 7 Thread

Installed Pro Tools onto win 7, no work man... so, having said that and received the simple yet unfulfilling link

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=38973

which lets face it is quite unhelpful in gentle terms

my question of course is :

WHEN is PT 8 compatible with win 7 ???
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 AM

Upapavas, do you have any "error messages" for us?

On my 32bit Win 7 it helped to reset the DEP settings (see posts above).
Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 AM

Unfortunately an official qualification date is a mystery, I would like to think they would try for the hollidays and NAMM.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-06-2009, 08:26 AM

I'm in the same boat as the other poster and you with the Audio Clock thing. Fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64, P5Q Pro Q6600 4G RAM, 003R. Installs opens and everything appears ok. Updated to 8.0.1. But when PT is loading, the 003R turns on and off and back on during when PT is configuring MIDI. The interesting thing is, my normal XP install with PT 8 does this every once and a while and gives me the audio clock message. The only way to fix this for me on XP is to just close PT, power cycle 003, then start PT again. I'm running PT as admin and configured compatibility for Vista SP2 and also tried XP SP3. Oh well, I took an image of my drive and can load it up again later if anyone makes progress on this area. Otherwise looks like back to XP.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Im just wondering, did you uninstall IE8 before loading PT? Im trying to figure out why DEP is switching on some people. You also did an Upgrade right, not a clean install, correct.
No, I didn't try uninstalling IE8. Can you uninstall IE on Win 7?
I did Vista Ultimate 32bit to Win 7 RC and then Win 7 Ultimate upgrades.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Ive posted on this MANY times already. Digidesign PRO Tools LE Firewire Interfaces will NOT work in Windows 7 64 bit. OR any 64 bit Windows OS, either change to 32 bit Windows 7, or another 32 bit Windows OS. If you have a USB intertface 64 bit will work. Firewire users have to wait for a 64 bit compatible drivers.
I figured I would try it because I mis-read one of the posts where someone had it working, but looks like it was a Digi002 instead of the 003. Not sure if I want to mess with 32 bit or not. You see much difference between XP 32 and W7 32?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the ASIO drivers for things other than Pro Tools, Reason, etc.?

I've looked through all the documentation, done countless searches, and can't seem to find help. I know with Windows XP the wave driver does this, and I tried to use the MME kit to opt-in certain programs, but I have a feeling in Windows 7 this is pointless.

For the time being I'm just using the computer's standard audio driver with the speakers that came with, but I'd really like to be able to run iTunes and other things through my Mbox and monitors.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
the 002 is also a firewire interface, it will not work in 64 bit OS. If he got it working I would like to see what driver he is using. Please post what you read here so we can look at it.
Sorry, went back and found the thread I was talking about doesn't specify if they did 32 or 64. But this one leads me to think someone got it working with a 003 using 64.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=41
Old 11-07-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss33 View Post
Upapavas, do you have any "error messages" for us?

On my 32bit Win 7 it helped to reset the DEP settings (see posts above).
First time around it told me that Waveshell DAE 4.0 and 4.3 were not authorized, it asked me then if I wanted to include these 2 plugins not to be loaded to which I clicked on no, meaning they should load again next time I started PT8 today, it asked me to register my version of PT8, then found out by itself I already had registered it, then it loaded, session loaded no problem, but no audio! No prob with the I/O either, checked and made sure of that...
After I closed it I tried several other audio apps, such as winamp, fl sTUDIO AND QUICKTIME. nO AUDIO THERE EITHER, SO i BELIEVE IT MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE MBOX DRIVER, THOUGH NOT SURE. tHIS HAPPENS ONLY WHEN i OPEN pt8 ON MY newCOMPUTER. iF i DON'T OPEN pt8 after a shut down all other audio apps work fine. The m box is fine too, as I can use it all on my old xp pro computer...

Sorry about the caplock...
Old 11-07-2009, 04:21 AM

Hi

I am running :

win 7 pro 32 bit,
Pro Tools 8.0 (tried with the 8.01 update and same result),
4 gig dual ddr3 ram,
Mbox 2 pro
Seagate 1 tb hdd 7200rpm, 32mbcache
i 5 processor 266mhz
Asus P7P55D Motherboard
Complete Toolkit

Everything on this brand new computer works great, except PT.