Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 AM

Default Constant Kernel Panic, Mbox2 Micro, 10.6.2

Well,

just don't know where to start, I use a MacBook Pro C2D, re-installed osx 10.6.2, re-installed ProTools LE 8.0.3cs2, a firewire hardisk where my working session is, an Mbox2 Micro connected directly to the usb port, on the other USB port an apple keyboard, ilok key and kensington trackball... Nothing strange I guess...
I've been using this same hardisk for weeks on a HD3 system and no problems at all...

The session is not big, I mean 12 dialogs tracks, most of the time using only 2, and a DV quicktime movie... I ended disabling the QT movie just in case...
I am able to work sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 10 minutes, and then Kernel Panic, IOMemoryDescriptor.cpp thing...

I've changed the memory the computer had for new ones... still the same...

My question is, what will my client say next week when I'll say "i've been working for a week now, and I still haven't finished editing the 1st sequence!!! ProTools you know..."

Please Avid.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Constant Kernel Panic, Mbox2 Micro, 10.6.2

I'm with you. I think it's frankly inappropriate that digi hasn't taken the time to fix this, i've spent so much time researching and checking every forum i could find for a fix. I'm sick of losing every project i work on in logic due to a kernel panic caused by digi. This is no way to greet new pro tools users. I'm just pissed now that I ever even bought pro tools/ digidesign interface, because frankly, logic kicks it's ass, especially with an apogee...
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Constant Kernel Panic, Mbox2 Micro, 10.6.2

@cablenaute A: The same thing Donald Trump would say... Your Fired! Obviously do what it takes to get your work done... blaming PT wont get you to far even if it turns out to be a PT problem.

refer to this thread for some problem solving techniques
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=261479
the OP did not return so i think removing some ram may have solved the problem in that case.

Have you followed all of the sudgestions HERE ?