Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-07-2004, 10:20 AM

Default Faders stuck at infinity* when opening session..

Ok, so its not a major issue but its bugging me.

When I upgraded from 5.3.1 to 6 I was prompted to update the firmware for the 002. I did and ever since ive had this issue. I open a session, regardless of the track count, plugins, whatever, the faders all stay stuck at infinity* (down). I've just been hitting flip twice to get them to move to their correct positions or if there are more than 8 tracks hitting the right arrow to slide down and then the left arrow to slide back, but has anyone else encountered this?

I am almost certain it is the firmware, but I dont remember the button combo to check that. Not to mention, why would the newer firmware cause a problem i did not have with the old?
Old 05-07-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Faders stuck at unity when opening session..

Faders down is -infinity, not unity. The Getting Started Guide describes how to check firmware versions.

It's not doing that with 6.4 on my 002, which had the firmware updated when I installed 6.4 on Windows.

Old 05-07-2004, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Faders stuck at unity when opening session..

scuse me, infinity. well i havent loaded 6.4 on my pc yet as most of my sessions have been out of house lately so I dont know what the scenario is on that machine. this is taking place on a g3 900mhz ibook.

its just odd because it doesnt seem to happen all the time. i can open one session and they will stay stuck, close it, open it again and they may load into position. theres no rhyme and reason to it that i can see.