Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Mix system Core-audio QT question....problems....

Ok, We have an older G4 466 setup with OSX10.3.8, PT MixPlus. we use the systems for captureing movies, Digitizing audio etc. we are having a problem in that when we maufacture QT movies from within PT, they playback too fast!!! Almost as if they are being clocked by the wrong sample rate (we are on Video Sync.. via a USD). Anyone run into this problem?

Tx in advance,

-Todd A.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Mix system Core-audio QT question....problems.

hey todd, you having problems? there goes your reputation ...hehehe.

i have had 2 mixplus sytems here in OSX, and neither exhibited this problem. and. yeah, we had one USD and one VSD. are you saying that you put a QT into this system., sync it with the audio and do a "Bounce to Movie"? then that plays back too fast? audio via DIGICORE? you are not changing the sample rate are you? some problems may be there...with with either DIGICORE or the SRC. and what version of QT? QTR7 NEVER played nice with Panther.

th-other thing is, check the clocking in COREAUDIO, sometimes, that thing has a mind of its own!

i assume you trashed every DIGI pref you had and power cycled everything?

was kobe bryant in your place or something? you know, juju and all that?
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash