How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2014, 06:18 PM

Default Requesting New Authorization Code for replacement Ilok

Hello,

I recently lost my Ilok that activates my PT 10 LE. I purchased a new one from Guitar Center and downloaded the temporary code to activate PT. The temp code that came with my new Ilok is now expired. I went to Avid.com to request a new PT activation code and could not find (or somehow overlooked) any way to submit a request. I have active Avid and Ilok accounts. Is there a quick way to request and receive a new activation code for my new Ilok?

I also hope to remain on PT 10 and not be forced to upgrade to 11.

This is my first thread although I've been a PT user for 10 years now. Does any one have a solution to this problem? Thanks.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Requesting New Authorization Code for replacement Ilok

In order to get a permanent replacement license, you need to start by reporting the iLok as lost or stolen at iLok.com

From the Support FAQ in the forum header:
What should I do if my iLok is lost or stolen?
Old 06-01-2014, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Requesting New Authorization Code for replacement Ilok

And you won't be able to upgrade to PT11 without getting your replacement PT10 licence, because the upgrade process requires your old licence to be surrendered before your new licence gets deposited onto your iLok.

You might want to consider iLok's ZDT (Zero Downtime) service for the future. For a fairly smallannual fee, iLok will supply you with a new permanent licence, free of charge, if your iLok is lost/stolen in the future.

It works by requiring you to connect to iLok.com at least once every 90 days with your iLok attached to the computer to validate it. If you don't connect in that timescale, the licences stop working until you do connect.

New permanent licences can be issued if you have ZDT cover because, if someone gets your lost/stolen iLok, it will stop working after a maximum of 90 days, assuming they don't know your iLok.com login details. So the companies you bought software from will let iLok issue new replacement licences to you.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)