Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: grid/cursor problems

For #2, go into preferences, operations and make sure timeline follows insertion is ticked.

Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2003, 02:05 PM

and a copy of the manual can be had anywhere you're connected to the DUC... click here and say, there's no place like home...
Old 01-30-2003, 12:13 AM

Default grid/cursor problems

Ok let me start off by saying this is probably a very easy thing to fix but I don't have my manual and I can't figure it out so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Problem #1: When in grid mode the grid lines no longer appear like they used to. There used to be 4 per measure now there are much less like 1 every 4 measures if not less.
Problem #2: Possible related to #1. When I'm using any of my editing tools i used to be able to just click on a location that i was editing and the playback would start from where i put my cursor when i hit play (spacebar). Now i have to type the measure number in the transport and hit enter for the playback to start there.
These are both little problems but they are bugging the crap out of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-30-2003, 12:49 AM

KE,
on #1, changing your Grid note size to a smaller and smaller 'note' will create more and more lines between measures. You can do this 2 ways. One is to simply change it in the Grid Note box in the upper right hand corner. The other (at least on a normal MS keyboard), is the combo of Alt/Start and hitting + or - for greater or lesser Grid value.

on#2, I'm not sure, but possibly an option in Setup/Operations might need to be checked. (don't have a session up right now).
Old 01-30-2003, 11:42 AM

hello,

roy is right on #1, and #2. But i also think you need to go and change your grid from samples to bars/beats on the left top corner of your edit window...if thats not the issue and your are on the bars/beats already, you can change the note value of your grid under grid in the top right where it says grid and under it says nudge. change the valueof the note and it will change the number of blue grid lines that you have.....
Old 01-31-2003, 12:57 AM

Hey all,
Thanks for all the help, I'm not sure if this stuff works or not yet, i'll try when i get to the studio. The weird thing about this is all this stuff just changed mid session, i have no clue why. Thanks again for all the help
-Kevin
Old 01-14-2004, 10:19 PM

under the setups window, under preferenes in the operations tab, what all needs to be checked or unchecked in order for me to be able to click anywhere inside the edit window and have it start playback where i clicked? the two answers above were unsuccessful. i'm running pro tools v6.1
Old 01-14-2004, 10:22 PM

Ctrl + clicking on the bars:beats timeline button toggles the grid lines on and off.. your playback issue I answered in your other post (Shift+/).

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••