Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2008, 04:08 PM

Default Re: problem with PT 8 install - digidesign audio drivers returned an error 2147213312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
No worries, I reported his account. It will prob be all deleted when Digi HQ starts their day in 4 hours.

Back to the original post. I myself and many other long time users here have a restoration image of our system drive without any PT install. All the time there is a brand new release or even upgrade, I restore my basic image and do a fresh clean install of PT. I know this doesn't help at this point in time, but it's something to consider and it will get you out of many binds down the road. Hopefully you can resolve this and enjoy using PT 8.

Shane
Dude, thanks. Such a simple idea that I've overlooked completely. I will have to do this for myself. When I got my 003 I put new harddrives in and installed just what I needed for PT. When I get my copy of 8 I will buy another drive and leave my 7.4 on the shelf just in case. But this time I will take your advice and make an image just prior to installing PT.

Peace! and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 AM

Default Re: problem with PT 8 install - digidesign audio drivers returned an error 2147213312

A clean XP install doesn't work either.... completely wiped the drive. Still getting the error. Driver faisl to install for the 003 (PT splash screen loads then shuts down)

I'm so glad Digi looked into problems like this before releasing 8.

Digi is going to need a better andswer than "it's your configuration". Obviously it's many people, and obviously we all ran earlier versions of ProTools just fine. Also, if it is our configurations, knowing the root of the problem might help is solve this "configuration" issue.

Can a little utility be coded that can install just the drivers corectly after-the-fact at least as an interim solution? Everything else installs just fine, just not the actual drivers. It's just a though.

Thank god for Norton Ghost though, got me back up and running on my 7.4 config for now.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Avid

Quote:
I'm so glad Digi looked into problems like this before releasing 8.
Obviously this isn't something we came across with out testing, as I don't see any reports internally or from any beta testers.

I'm not going to give you the 'it's your configuration' answer, because I don't know exactly what the problem is yet. Can you please go through the General Troubleshooting thread and let me know which one(s) of the configuration and optimizations you did, as well as posting a Sandra report and a list of plug-in versions installed using the Pro Tools Utilities? We'll need this info to try to determine where the problem is occurring.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:59 PM

I had the same issue installing PT 8 LE in XP Home SP3, and no matter what I tried (for three days) I would get the audio driver error 2147213312. I have the Factory 003 and finally loaded the 7.4LE drivers for the 003 and then PT 8 and at least got the program to recognize the 003 and PT 8 seemed to work fine.
I decided to check the application events in the administrator tools folder and found an error in the PT 8 driver installation caused by a particular .dll. It happened to be the driver for my Kensington track ball. I removed PT 8 and the 7.4 drivers, removed the Kensington drivers, rebooted, and reinstalled PT 8. The PT LE 8 drivers installed normally, and everything seems cool (knock on wood).
In another thread I see where the guy recommends reformatting, reinstalling the operationg system and everything else. It may be just as simple as a lowely mouse driver that doesn't get along with PT 8.

Custom XP Home Sp3, nForce 680i mb,Dualcore Intel 6800, 4mb Ram,Factory 003, Motu Traveler,Kore2,KENSINGTON TRACK BALL,Novation Remote SL 37, touch screen monitor, Live 7,PT 8 LE
Old 12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Avid

Art - Thanks for that info - very helpful. I'll reply in the other thread and see if this might be the case for the poster.

If anyone else can verify this for us, it would help immensely.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:31 PM

Well, I do happen to use my Kensington Expert Mouse religiously, with the MouseWorks 6.22 installed, but it's never been an issue with PT installs before or any software conflicts for that matter.

Good call about the event logs. I used to use them a lot, but usually they spat out useless error info so I've recently not cared to look at them. Go figure the one time it might have actually told me something useful

At this point I'm not going to try the method, only because of the time spent loading apps and all, and its good to wipe a drive every so many months or at least revert to a basic disc image right after apps and setting were set. I wanted to change other program installation configs anyways.

But, that said, I've got a disc image of 7.4 so I can pull my personal data and pref files directly from that and be right back to where I was.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:50 AM

I can confrm this issue. I encounted the same error (-2147213312) when installing PT8. Reinstalled twice, both times it failed to install the 002 drivers with the same error message. After removing Kensington trackball software (Mouseworks 6.22) install was successful.
Reinstalled Kensingston drivers after PT install and everything works fine.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by music project View Post
while installing PT 8 on a windows xp 002R system, after using the uninstaller to uninstall PT 7.3.1cs7, i got an error saying :
"digidesign audio drivers returned an error
ERROR - 2147213312"

i hit OK and let it finish the installation.

after reboot i got another messege :
"updated TPKd driver required, and or a reboot. please reinstall software or reboot."

DIGI ?

I'm having a similar problem. You may want to check your Device Manager for your 003 or 002 after installation. I get a Code 19 error showing that the information was not correctly written to the registry. If I fix that by reinstalling the driver and run PT8 I get a DAE -1115 error.

BTW are you using any extender or hub for your Firewire cable?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by music project View Post
while installing PT 8 on a windows xp 002R system, after using the uninstaller to uninstall PT 7.3.1cs7, i got an error saying :
"digidesign audio drivers returned an error
ERROR - 2147213312"

DIGI ?
This error will occur if the installation files were not extracted properly. After downloading the PT8 software, use WinZip to extract the files (I've seen older versions of WinRAR cause issues). There should be subfolders for the Creative Collection (Boom, MiniGrand, etc...). Note: If there are no subfolders, these files did not extract correctly, and this error will occur.

Another tip: If the files DO extract properly, burn these files directly to a DVD and install from there. This will ensure that your PT8 Installer files remain intact and correctly stuctured.

Good luck!
www.voodoopilot.com
Old 01-23-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directx View Post
I can confrm this issue. I encounted the same error (-2147213312) when installing PT8. Reinstalled twice, both times it failed to install the 002 drivers with the same error message. After removing Kensington trackball software (Mouseworks 6.22) install was successful.
Reinstalled Kensingston drivers after PT install and everything works fine.
I've gone back to Kensington trackball software Mouseworks 6.11 for the moment. So far so good with SP3, Mbox (vanilla!). Uninstalled MW6.22, installed PT8, then put on MW6.11. Don't know if you can have MW 6.11 installed THEN install PT8...will try later for giggles.

Thanks DirectX for invaluable info. I can't work without me trackball.

Last edited by Buccanears; 01-23-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: put a thankyou in