Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 PM

Default what's the trick? adding multiple outputs

I hold down Control and click on another output I wish to add.... and all it does is change to that output

is there a shortcut tot his ??? I've managed to do it a couple of times... but more from frantic beating on the keyboard... than anything I can get to repeat itself
Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 PM

Default Re: what's the trick? adding multiple outputs

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is to make sure you are holding down control the whole way through, from before you click on the output selector till after you select the Second output.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:41 AM

If you want to change outputs etc on multiple tracks at the same time make sure the tracks are highlighted and one of them hold Shift-Option and change the ouput and then they will all change.

If you want to change outputs sequentially then Shift-Option-Command.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:44 PM

holding control down before-during-after seems to be the trick!

now, my reason for wanting this is to build a template with additional outputs for more me" in the headphones. I've looked in the manual, but aside from the mono switch on the front of the 002R, is there a way to get a "summed" mono without having to pan everything up the middle for recording?

My headphone amp (Presonus HP60) has 4 inputs A L/R and B L/R, but I can set the output as a summed mono... so I could conceivably have 4 "stems" into the headphone mix (I'm thinking drums, bass, vocals, rhythm/everything else) plus each of the 6 headphone channels has an insert

as I Analog 1/2 also feeds the monitors, I still have 6 analog outs to send individual instruments , or "stems"

or should i just pan in the middle while recording and not worry about stereo monitors?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM

You could buss stuff to Aux tracks and take the Aux on an output. A stereo Aux track can be summed to Mono right on the track.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:25 PM

I've got the same headphone amp. I've yet to use it with a band though. My idea had been to send a stereo mix to inputs a, click to b, and then feed a "more me" to each person as needed. However your setup is interesting. I'll have to ponder that. :)

Maybe 4 stems. Drums, Bass, Vocals, Click. Then use the others for more me. I tend to like as little as possible in my mix. So maybe even stereo drums and not use a bass.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Mark- I've clicked all over the stereo aux track and I can't find where I could sum to mono (another damn trick no doubt?)

CME- I'm actually looking at an old (90's) headphone mixer that that has a stereo out as well as 4 mono inputs with individual controls for each channel... and it has an Fx in... which might be helpful for vocalists who can't live without some verb or delay

The Presonus... maybe could be modded with stacked pots for A and B so you could control each input separately, otherwise A L/R or B L/R levels will come up/down the same.... maybe not a big obstacle, but a balancing act 9evry pun intended)

In my situation/studi, the drummer is somewhat isolated, but there's enough bleed where very little drums are needed in the mix. Because the drummer is sitting atop his kit, he needs no drums 9aside from amybe a little kick), but wants 'mo bass'

because we work on a lot of 3 part harmonies, or lead with 2 part, vocals need to be present

keys, bass are DI, guitar is through a mesa with the speaker 'dummy loaded... so strangers would walk in hear drums and vocals....

one one PT's disappointments (for me) has been not doing a better job of emulating an analog mixer as far as signal routing....should have never sold my Tascam, as the bus outs lent themselves to fine tuning output options...

I digress

anyway's... back to Mark- nice, I can have analog and bus outputs on the same track!!!!
Old 10-10-2019, 05:33 AM

I'm on a PC. I use the WIN key to select multiple ouptuts.
Pro Tools Studio
www.studioaix.fr