Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 PM

Default \'Neo Assertion\' error while creating new session

Hi there. I hope someone can help me with this.

I have recently been encountering an error within PT LE 7.3.1. Whenever i try to save my existing sessions or when the auto-save kicks in, I get an error message stating this:

(Error was: Neo Assertion in "/Volumes/
Development/vb-cliff/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/
Libraries/Macintosh/Environments/Alone/../../../../
Source/CNeoInode.cpp", line 1242)

Therefore, it is almost impossible to save my session. Now, to make things worse, every time i try to create a New Session, Pro Tools will just quit/shut down. This happens regardless of whatever new session settings i create. The session will start up but PT just crashes within less than 5 seconds.

I have tried the Troubleshooting Guide regarding Neo Assertion errors by clearing the 'com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist', 'DAE Prefs' (folder), 'DigiSetup.OSX' and 'Pro Tools preferences', as well as running Disk Utility to repair permissions but the problem still persists. Does anyone know what could be the possible reason behind this error and a solution, short of uninstalling pro tools?

This is my current system setup:

-Digi003 Factory
-Pro Tools LE 7.3.1cs4
-Power Mac running Mac OS X 10.4.10
-2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
-2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM Memory

Any advice or help is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 09-20-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: \'Neo Assertion\' error while creating new session

I've been having a similar (but not releated to "neo assertion" whatever that is), and a workaround was to "Save Copy In". I ended up saving it to a different drive too. Be sure to include the session files (ie. put a tick in the box in the save-as window that appears). And if you choose a different drive, then copy back, you may need to re-assign the disk allocations for the session.

Worked so far so good for me in my situation.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM

I have a similar problem with NEO ASSERTION error. The only time it has happened is when I try to bounce to wav. I can save sessions though...

Any ideas?
Old 09-20-2007, 06:49 PM

thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately, I am still not able to get around this problem. I have tried running my existing sessions off an external hard-disk and all seemed fine until i tried to process an audiosuite plug-in (i.e. modulate/pitch/time-stretch/etc) on an edit & the problem occured again. I mean, what in the world is a Neo Assertion to begin with??

I have tried un-installing & re-installing pro tools & it just doesn't work. Its even more frustrating whenever i try to create a new session & pro tools just crashes & quits within 3 seconds of starting up the new session.

Can anyone from digidesign please advice me on this issue?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:59 AM

I'm getting the same freaking thing...with PTHD 2/ 7.3, 7.3.1 & 7.3.1cs 4 w/OSX 10.4.8 on a Mac Pro. It just started. I did not have this problem before yesterday. It really sucks & it would be nice if somnebody from Digi would say something. Trashing Databases ain't solving it.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Avid

When you're trashing databases, are you doing it EXACTLY at the instructions in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum indicate, specifically trashing the Digidesign Databases folder on the top level of each hard drive or partition connected to the computer as well as the master database file located at MacHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign?

Trashing preferences per the instructions in that same thread may also help.