Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-27-2018, 02:08 AM

Default iLok and Digi 003

Hello,

i have a question. I have an Digi 003 registered on a ILok. I would too sell this Digi 003. How can i deregistered the Digi 003? I couldn´t sell the ILok while there is may Software registered (Pro Tools etc).

How can i do this.

lg
Old 03-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Default Re: ILok and Digi 003

There is no iLok license for the Digi003. You may sell it without performing any sort of license or ownership transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-29-2018, 06:35 AM

Ahhhhh sorry for my ignorance :). I think i know what is registered on the ILok. If i buy the Digi 003 i get a Pro Tools Version and this Version is registered on the ILok :).

Big thx :)
Old 03-29-2018, 09:54 AM

Who owns the iLok? Even if its not yours, you can still install the iLok manager software and open/view the licenses on the iLok. I'm still getting the feeling that there is a lot of info we don't know(making it hard to help)

Shooting in the dark; you can sell an iLok and licenses in a few ways.
1-hand it to the buyer and give them the account and login info(and they keep using it as you)
2-Transfer the licenses to the buyer's iLok account(which involves a fee), the unregister the iLok and hand it to the buyer(who can then register it to their iLok account.

If you are the registered owner of the 003 and Pro tools software, you can do a Transfer of Ownership form, which would then give the buyer access to Pro Tools downloads(for whatever reason, Avid makes it tough to access software downloads to anyone that isn't a registered owner of the software).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 PM

Default Re: iLok and Digi 003

Hello,

Iam the owner of the ILok and on the ILok there is registered Pro Tools and many other Plugins. But i only would sell the Digi 003. Not Pro Tools and Plugins. I was not sure if the Digi 003 is registered on the ILok. When not, dann i can sell it without any actions on the ILok.

lg
Old 04-06-2018, 11:12 AM

Default iLok and Digi 003

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmun View Post
Hello,

Iam the owner of the ILok and on the ILok there is registered Pro Tools and many other Plugins. But i only would sell the Digi 003. Not Pro Tools and Plugins. I was not sure if the Digi 003 is registered on the ILok. When not, dann i can sell it without any actions on the ILok.

lg

I couldn't tell if there was a question in there, but the fact remains that you can sell the 003 at will without needing to perform any sort of iLok transfer. The buyer will be able to use it just fine as the drivers are freely available.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Old 10-15-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
I couldn't tell if there was a question in there, but the fact remains that you can sell the 003 at will without needing to perform any sort of iLok transfer. The buyer will be able to use it just fine as the drivers are freely available.
Interjecting on this old thread... I think I know what he means.

What he is asking is the same question I have since I am also selling my 003. We know the person can upgrade or use the free licenses on their own once they have the unit, but is there something one must do to prevent that person (buyer) from being able to access the active licenses previously used with the unit? I have the 10-12 upgrade and am using a different hardware now, but I don't want to sell my license- only the 003 itself. Will the buyer be able to see/use my license if he plugs it in?
Old 10-15-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4days View Post
Will the buyer be able to see/use my license if he plugs it in?
Not as long as you don't:
1) give them your iLok, or
2) give them access to your iLok account.

The interface is not tied to the ilok licenses or account. It's just a box with gozintas and gozoutas. Sell it and don't worry be happy.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:49 PM

Ok that is good to hear, they must've changed the policy about requiring an ownership transfer form then. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4days View Post
Ok that is good to hear, they must've changed the policy about requiring an ownership transfer form then. Thanks!
Transfers only matter for software(that might get updates), or for hardware that still has a warranty. Any 003 is well past that

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave