Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-1998, 10:18 AM

Default samplecell 1

In need to use my SampleCell 1 (nubus system with PT 4.1 in expansion Chassis/SCell card in Mac) I see that the Init does not load. After some tests I understand it is a conflict with the Digi 1.32 Init.
How can I get it to work? do I need a new init for the SCell card. I'm not trying to use it in TDM, of course. This setup works well wiith PT 3.2, so how this problem be solved?
Thanks
Old 11-30-1998, 11:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: samplecell 1

blue-

I hope your using a Quadra (but not an 840AV). The SCI card is not supported in the 840AV or any NUBUS Powermac. If you are using one of the supported quadras and it's not working it is likely you do not have the SC piggyback that makes it quadra compatible.

There was a thread on this subject a while back under the subject 'SC1'. In it there is info on how to identify the piggyback and what to do about it if you do not have one.

-bm-
Old 11-30-1998, 03:58 PM

bm
I have been using a 7100 for the past 3 years with the SC1 in the mac and the PT cards in an expansion chassis. And it always worked perfectly well.
The problem now is that upon loading, the SC2.0.4 Init is crossed when loading after the PT init 1.32. If I try to make it load before the PT init, then the PT init 1.32 is crossed.

I was up to now using PT 3.2 with init 2.95 and they respected each other. Since they don't have anything to do with one another, obviously there was no problem. But with PT 1.4x Digidesign probably decided to change all this and that it was time to scrap the older SCells and get new ones.
Or am I wrong?
Or is there any way I can continue using SCell in parallel to this dictator version of PT?
Thanks for your answer.
Old 12-01-1998, 03:18 PM
Avid

I assume you upgraded from PT 3.2 to 4.1 and not 1.4. This would make sense because starting with DSI 3.0 we rolled the samplecell init code into the DSI to eliminate the need for two extensions. This would explain why one would be crossed out after the other loads.

SCI is not supported with 4.1 and I'd be surprised if the new init can initialize the old samplecell I card. But hey it's worth a try right? Try removing the samplecell init altogether and see if everything works. If it does not I'd suggest going back to 3.2 or upgrading samplecell.

-bm-
Old 12-01-1998, 08:05 PM

Thanks Techsupt. I'll try, but with doubts.