Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-13-2014, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Eucon 3.1.3

I opened the sequence that I was working on that the Control and Mix were continually locking up in during mixing in Logic X. I played it, jumped around between tracks on the controllers using the select button (Control and Mix) stopped it, started it and so far so good. I will say I uninstalled and deleted the previous version before installing the 3.1.3. I can only hope for the ability to actually work now. I feel like Pavlov's dog, I"m so used to the controllers NOT working it creates a sensation of unease as I attempt to do anything. That in itself is NOT good that the expectation of an engineer in a piece of gear is that it will eventually stop working in the middle of your job. Avid you've got to do better. I have no confidence in the company and wouldn't recommend this product to anyone at this point. If I could get my money back I would.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnikprod View Post
I opened the sequence that I was working on that the Control and Mix were continually locking up in during mixing in Logic X. I played it, jumped around between tracks on the controllers using the select button (Control and Mix) stopped it, started it and so far so good. I will say I uninstalled and deleted the previous version before installing the 3.1.3. I can only hope for the ability to actually work now. I feel like Pavlov's dog, I"m so used to the controllers NOT working it creates a sensation of unease as I attempt to do anything. That in itself is NOT good that the expectation of an engineer in a piece of gear is that it will eventually stop working in the middle of your job. Avid you've got to do better. I have no confidence in the company and wouldn't recommend this product to anyone at this point. If I could get my money back I would.
Use 2.6.2, it's stable.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:43 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

I've just installed 3.2 on a brand new Macbook pro with Logic X.
Surprisingly it works. Will let you know about stability issues in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Old 01-22-2018, 12:49 PM

Default Eucon Software

hi Everybody
Just got second hand Avid Artist Control , Im working with mac mini 2012 osx10.8.3 Pro Tools 10.3.10 , wanted to ask which eucon software i need ? to work with and from where to download it ?

have nice day
Sharon
Old 01-22-2018, 12:54 PM

When you register the unit you will be able to login at eucon downloads and choose what version you want but I would recommend 2.7 and aroundthere for the ML OSX. Worked great for us and no issues to report. Many issues with 3.1 and up to 3.5 and then a bit better. But those versions are to high numbers for MountainLion IMHO. We tried 3.1.3 and below with limited success.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-22-2018, 01:10 PM

I Cant register the unit i got second hand and he cant remember the details fro registration ...
Old 01-22-2018, 01:17 PM

Aha .. this is where we downloaded our Eucon software when we used the 4 Artist Units we had and I don't know where to get the drivers if you can't register as you would need to have the unit registered to make anaccount here:

http://euphonix.avid.com/main.php

I will ask around for you and maybe someone else knows something I don't.

We have a lot of the versions saved on a hard drive so maybe I can upload a few of them for you to try. Will be at the studio tomorrow afternoon as we just stopped for the night (22:20 pm) here swedish time.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMA View Post
I Cant register the unit i got second hand and he cant remember the details fro registration ...
Try registering here http://euphonix.avid.com/register.php You only need the serial from the unit.