Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2001, 12:23 AM

Default Autotune glitches/pops

Recently upgraded to AT 3. Not sure if I ever remember this problem in prev. version.

Especially on female vocals there is an occasional pop/glitch. I have tried lowering the retune all the way down to slowest, and tracking to all relaxed. It sounds like old dropout problems in analog tape, a soft pop. Levels are not hot either, way below 0 and AT is the first PI on that channel.

I had a severe problem mixing a ladies trio with the soprano. Was getting popping on her last long high note. I was looking at everything. Did not have the orignal 8mm tapes to re-transfer. I pulled up the orig. audio file to re-import it. Still there. I finally kept bypassing pi's and when I bypassed the AT3 it was fine.

I kept experimenting and even found that if I bypassed the D maj note it was fine. I am in Chromatic mode. Strange......

Anyone else had this problem? Am going to contact Antares Mon, but they are usually hard to get a response from....When we upgraded, I could not get a repsponse on the Challenge/Response I finally kept calling cause our trial was running out. They finally sent it on a special request. Then 5 days after the time was up, we got an offical email response...so much for authorizations. Last night I sent in a authorization for Mezzo 4 and got back a response by the time I went to the email screen. That is the way it should be...

BTW: System is 9600/Mix Cube/PT 5.1.1 OS 9.1

George
Classic Recording, Nashville www.classicrecording.com
www.classicrecording.com