Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Default Pro Tools-Time Machine screw up

Since I started using Time Machine, sometimes audio files I import from Soundminer end up on the backup drive instead of the work drive that Pro Tools is allocated to. I have to dismount the Time Machine drive while I work, and remount before I shut down, which kind of defeats the purpose of Time Machine!

Anyone else notice this?

OS 10.6.7 - PT 9.0.2, HD-6

http://www.mcdonoughsound.com
Old 04-11-2011, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools-Time Machine screw up

This from the PT optimization page.

"Disable Time Machine
It is NOT recommended to use Time Machine on the same hard drive that you're recording to in Pro Tools. This can result in DAE Error -9131 even if you have Time Machine disabled. Even if you're using Time Machine to backup your system drive, it is still recommended to disable it when using Pro Tools as it still uses system resources to back up the data."