Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 07-06-2014, 02:35 AM

Default Re: No Audio from Avid Interface on Core 2 Duo Mac with OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Avid's vacillation in the consumer market, interface software problems, poor support and engineering abandonment of interfaces certainly has me not recommended any of their consumer/prosumer interfaces (except the Eleven Rack for guitar folks). And at this point there is nothing Avid could do to change my mind here. They might as well exit the consumer/prosumer interface business as far as I'm concerned.
Well said. They're on Twitter telling me to come here and get help, and on here they are giving me zero help. One basic, insulting "Have you switched on your computer, son?" style question and that's it. What a way to treat your customers. I've been with them for seven years, but I will go elsewhere on the strength of this.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:03 PM

Update. I got OSX 10.8.5, which took a bit of money and time, updating from an earlier OSX 10, downloaded PT 11.1.3, and it works!!!! Thank you, God!!!
Old 04-18-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post

The work required to investigate, test, and develop drivers for unqualified, untested, and unsupported systems would be extensive. It's not something we can do without sacrificing resources devoted to qualified and supported systems. We go to great lengths to provide compatibility and support information to ensure the greatest chance of success for our users. But, it’s simply not possible to support every possible system configuration. This means we won't be releasing any driver updates to address this issue. The good news is that we have reports that connecting the audio interface to a USB 2.0 hub restores audio functionality. Although, not a supported solution, it has proved to work for users encountering this issue. We have updated the following knowledge base article to reflect this information: No audio from Avid Audio Interface with Mac OS X Mavericks on some Core 2 Duo Macs

Hopefully, this adds some clarity. Thanks for your time and understanding.

Hi Kyle,
I know this is relative old, but i have to ask you:

Let put a premiss: Apple just have 2 types of processors for the Macs that can "affect" the system architecture: Core 2 Duo, Core i5/i7.

How support 2 processors for just 1 operation system (now Mac OS Yosemite), can be a "extensive work" that "sacrificing resources"?

I really think you don't have a product problem, but a professional problem, the lack of a good team leader.

I'm sorry if you this sounds personal, but the answer you gave was very personal for me, since all that you said was: Avid don't care and you can throw your money on the trash.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Hi everyone, I had been using things on yosemite just fine, but I did a clean install and now my Mbox Mini 3g won't work.

I realise this is an old thread but just wanted to share my disgust at the lack of support from Avid on this. It's clear that a LARGE section of their user base use core 2 duo macs.

Not impressed.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:59 AM

Hi
I also have the same issue, but what is really strange is the following.
I made a clean Maverick install, then installed the Eleven Rack drivers and my DAW which is Logic pro X. (on a MACBOOK pro core 2 duo 2009 and using a Dlink-HUB 7)
The sound output is working fine if I use the Mac audio system, for example Eleven rack is outputting perfectly youtube sound.
But as soon as I launch logic audio, there is no more audio output: neither in Logic pro, neither in the MAC system output.
I have also tried to install Pro tool first which I just got and the issue is the same.
We are really at 99% of the whole system working

@Avid, please invest a little time on this: should not be very hard to debug. I can of course test anything if needed to help.
Thanks

Kind regards
Fred
Old 09-04-2015, 12:18 AM

Hi again
One more info.
By putting a 1024 buffer size in Logic. It worked perfectly once, now I have a sound but very distorted.
some ideas ? hints ?
Thanks